Norbert Cellier has about 20 years of experience in the video games industry, and worked on 50 titles in game design, programming, technical management and production.
He was born on January 7, 1967 in Lyon. After graduating at the Lycée Beauregard, he studied at INSA Lyon (Institut National des Sciences Appliquées) where he received a degree in Computer Engineering. When he was still a student in the early eighties, he started programming games on the Thomson TO7, ZX81, and Commodore C64, and he got a couple of classical strategy games published by a videogame magazine.
He entered the game industry as a trainee at
in the summer of 1989, where he helped finishing the Amiga version of Quest for the Time-Bird
and worked on a couple of ports for Drakkhen
In September 1991 he started working at Infogrames where he stayed till December 2001. The very first title he worked on was Eternam
, a game that was already in production when he arrived and which he considered as quite a strange game. He liked his next game, Shadow of the Comet
, better. In his role as Director it was a challenging enterprise, as it was created with a small team and finished in less than 2 years.
He became in charge of the PC department and worked on games as Alone in the Dark series
Prisoner of Ice
Time Gate: Knight's Chase
After these games he became in charge of the console publishing department, with titles as the famous
Heart Of Darkness
and all the European licensed games as
and (later on) the international ones as Looney Tunes
Cellier worked on these titles in different roles; in the beginning he did programming and game design, but later on he focused on managerial and strategic tasks. Each title was systemically released on 5 or 6 platforms including handhelds and localized in 6 languages.
After having worked for more than 10 years for the same company (and for a short period as Project Manager at
), he decided that is was time to found his own company. The company, called
, is based on a production model inspired by the movie industry. Six years after its foundation in 2003, it has produced titles such as
Arx Fatalis Collector Edition
Another World 15th Anniversary
Building And Co.
(aka WWF Panda Junior), and
The Secrets of Da Vinci
Though the company is located in Paris, Cellier is still living in Lyon.
Also Known As
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- Building & Co (2008), Playlogic Entertainment, Inc.
- Nitro Stunt Racing: Stage 1 (2007), Game Factory Interactive Ltd., Russobit-M
- Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy (2007), Kheops Studio
- The Secrets of Da Vinci: The Forbidden Manuscript (2006), Nobilis France
- WWF Panda Junior (2004), SG Diffusion
- Fame Academy: Dance Edition (2003), Monte Cristo Multimedia
- Smurf Racer (2001), Infogrames, Inc.
- Astérix: The Gallic War (2000), Infogrames Europe SA
- Bugs Bunny & Taz: Time Busters (2000), Infogrames Europe SA
- Space Race (2000), Infogrames Europe SA
- Taz Express (2000), Infogrames Europe SA
- Wacky Races (2000), Infogrames France S.A.S.
- Heart of Darkness (1998), Ocean Software Ltd.
- Hexplore (1998), Ocean Software Ltd.
- No Respect (1997), Ocean Software Ltd.
- VooDoo Kid (1997), Infogrames Europe SA
- Alone in the Dark: The Trilogy 1+2+3 (1996), I•Motion, Inc.
- Solar Crusade (1996), Infogrames Europe SA
- Prisoner of Ice (1995), Infogrames Europe SA
- Time Gate: Knight's Chase (1995), Infogrames Multimedia SA
- Alone in the Dark 3 (1994), Infogrames Europe SA
- Alone in the Dark 2 (1993), Infogrames Europe SA
- Call of Cthulhu: Shadow of the Comet (1993), Infogrames Europe SA
- Alone in the Dark (1992), Infogrames Europe SA
- Eternam (1992), Infogrames Europe SA