Martin Kenwright is the former CEO and founder of Evolution Studios
and Digital Image Design
, and co-founder of Bigbig Studios
In 1986 he joined the games industry straight from college. He worked freelance as a games designer, 2D/3D artist and manager. In that year he was a graphic artist on Strike Force Harrier
for Atari ST for Eigen Software
and later became employed by H&H Software
and worked on Strike Force Harrier
, Fleet Street Editor
, Spitfire '40
, and Falcon Operation: Counterstrike
, and did design work on Flight of the Intruder
, and at the same time he developed graphics for Goldrunner 2 Scenery Disk
, Turbo Trax
In 1989 he founded Digital Image Design Ltd. (DID), developers of F29 Retaliator
, Robocop 3
, EF2000 v2.0
, F22 ADF
, F22 Total Air War
, and many more simulation-driven games plus simulation solutions for the UK and US military.
Martin sold DID in 1999 and founded Evolution Studios, with six DID friends: Russell Payne
, Mick Hocking
, Scott Kirkland
, Paul Frewin
, Paul Hollywood
, Ian Boardman
and Chairman Ian Hetherington
, who previously founded Psygnosis
(later Sony Studio Liverpool
) and launched Lemmings
, Formula 1
In July 1999 Evolution Studios was formed and became the first independent developer to be awarded a first-party publishing deal by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
for the PlayStation 2 to build the official World Rally Championship
(WRC) franchise and developed driving physics simulation for the world rally teams including Prodrive. He conceived the 5 official WRC world rally titles for the PS2.
In 2005 Evolution were again the first independent developer to create a PlayStation 3 title with Motorstorm
and another yet unannounced future project. Martin also created the devolution project which co-founded Simul Ltd
and Bigbig Studios Ltd, who developed the launch titles Pursuit Force
for PSP and Little Deviants
for PS Vita
In September 2007 Evolution was acquired by Sony. Martin left the company and took a long sabbatical. In 2012, Martin Kenwright is currently starting to explore new ventures.
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- MotorStorm: Pacific Rift (2008), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice (2007), Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd.
- MotorStorm (2006), Sony Computer Entertainment Incorporated
- Pursuit Force (2005), Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd.
- WRC World Rally Championship (2001), Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd.
- Total Air War (1998), Infogrames Europe SA, Ocean Software Ltd.
- Wargasm (1998), Infogrames Multimedia SA
- F22 Air Dominance Fighter (1997), Ocean Europe Limited
- EF2000 (1995), Ocean Software Ltd.
- Inferno (1994), Ocean of America, Inc.
- TFX (1993), Ocean Software Ltd.
- Epic (1992), Ocean Software Ltd.
- RoboCop 3 (1992), Ocean Software Ltd.
- F29 Retaliator (1989), Ocean Software Ltd.
- Falcon (1989), Spectrum Holobyte, Inc.
- Turbo Trax (1989), MicroDeal