Also Known As
- Jonathan Jones
|Just Cause 3 (2015)||(Production)|
|Dungeon Runners (2007)||(Art Production Manager)|
|Daxter (2006)||(Foreground Modelers )|
|Yourself!Fitness (2005)||(Additional Art and Scripting)|
|Secret Service: Security Breach (2003)||(Modeling)|
|Gore: Ultimate Soldier (2002)||(Modeling)|
|Sid Meier's Pirates!: Live the Life (2005)||(Special Thanks)|
Jon Jones got his start in the game industry as a character artist on Gore: The Ultimate Soldier, developed by 4D Rulers and published by Dreamcatcher games in 2002.
From there, Jon was a contract artist for various companies before becoming employed by Liquid Development in Portland, Oregon, a well-renowned art studio in the game industry. Liquid Development has been credited on Origin's Ultima X: Odyssey, Maxis' The Sims 2, Human Head's upcoming Prey, and dozens of other major titles. Jon worked on over a dozen titles as an artist, and was eventually promoted to an Account Manager and then a Marketing Manager.
Longing once again to become an artist, he moved to California to work for Ready At Dawn Studios, a first-party Sony studio, the first startup to achieve that status. They developed Daxter PSP for the Sony Playstation Portable.
Jon left Ready At Dawn Studios in June of 2006 and is currently an Art Production Manager at NCSoft Austin working on Dungeon Runners, an upcoming casual hack-n-slash MMORPG.
- 4D Rulers: Character Artist (April 2001 - November 2003)
- Liquid Development: 2D/3D Artist (May 2003 - October 2004)
- Liquid Development: Account and Marketing Manager (March 2004 - October 2004)
- Commgraphics: Contract Artist (June 2004 - March 2005)
- Ready At Dawn Studios: Foreground Artist (October 2004 - June 2006)
- NCsoft Austin: Art Production Manager (June 2006 - August 2008)
- 2K Games Austin: Art Outsourcing Manager (September 2008 - October 2009)
- Conceptopolis: 3D Art Producer (October 2009 - October 2010)
- Vigil Games: Art Outsourcing Development Manager (September 2010 - March 2011)
- Avalanche Studios: Art Outsourcing Manager (February 2013 - November 2014)
- Epic Games: Content Curator of the Unreal Engine Marketplace (December 2014 - November 2015)
- smArtist: Art Producer \ Outsourcing Manager (since October 2009)
Last updated: Jan 09, 2016