Eric Hook grew up in Orange County and graduated from the University of Washington in Seattle with a degree in Economics (1992). During his senior year a high school friend,
approached him about starting a new gaming company from their rented house in San Diego (Presto
). After graduation he headed back to California, initially to handle both the publishing and marketing for Presto’s first title, The Journeyman Project
, but he ended up with doing 3D graphics and animation.
After Presto (1995) he moved back to Seattle to start his own consulting company, Hook Studios. At this point, he had just won a full copy of Softimage 3.0 and bought a brand new RISC-based PC, and was exited to venture out on his own. He worked on projects ranging from internet commerce enabled sites, design documents for console games and an educational CD-ROM title.
In 1997 he started Dreadnought Pictures with
. They worked for a year on five different Digital Manga titles for the PC/Macintosh platforms along with some additional client work.
From 1998 to 2004 he worked at Sierra On-Line
as (Associate) Producer and at
as Senior 3D Artist, where he helped to create many of the Hoyle games
In 2005 he worked for Handheld Games
as Game Development Project Director.
After that he went back to contracting, and since then he has been doing freelance art, animation, web sites, movie animatics, and game design and production through his company Hook Studios. He also works on independent game and application development for the PC, Mac, Xbox Community Games, and iPhone.
Eric Hook lives with his wife and two kids in Mill Creek, California.
- Hoyle Poker Series (2005), Encore Software, Inc.
- Hoyle Casino Empire (2002), Sierra Entertainment, Inc.
- Hoyle Card Games (2000), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- Hoyle Casino (2000), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- Hoyle Backgammon & Cribbage (1999), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- Hoyle Card Games (1999), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- Hoyle Board Games (1998), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time (1998), Red Orb Entertainment
- The Journeyman Project 2: Buried in Time (1995), Sanctuary Woods, Inc., U.S. Gold Ltd.
- The Journeyman Project: Turbo! (1994), Sanctuary Woods, Inc.
- The Journeyman Project (1992), Quadra Interactive, Inc.