Between 1997 and 2000 Randy Smith worked as a designer at Looking Glass Studios
on such games as Thief: The Dark Project
(1998) and Thief II: The Metal Age
(2000). When Looking Glass was closed, he moved to Ion Storm Inc.
in Austin where he was the project director on Thief: Deadly Shadows
(2004). That studio was closed in February 2005 and after that he provided design consultancy for titles as Open Season
(2006) and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
(2006), and was a creative director at Electronic Arts
in Los Angeles where he collaborated with Steven Spielberg
. He has also written a monthly column for the UK EDGE magazine.
After that, he founded the iPhone development studio Tiger Style
with David Kalina
. Their first game Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor
was released in 2009.
- Waking Mars (2012), Tiger Style LLC
- Great Migrations (2010), National Geographic Games
- Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor (2009), Tiger Style LLC
- MySims (2007), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Dark Messiah: Might and Magic (2006), Ubisoft, Inc.
- Open Season (2006), Ubisoft, Inc.
- Thief: Deadly Shadows (2004), Eidos, Inc.
- Thief II: The Metal Age (2000), Eidos, Inc.
- System Shock 2 (1999), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Thief: Gold (1999), Eidos Interactive Ltd.
- Thief: The Dark Project (1998), Eidos Interactive, Inc.