Gareth was originally hired by Looking Glass
upon graduation from Parsons School of Design in 1994. He was Lead Artist on the original Flight Unlimited
, and contributed to Terra Nova
and System Shock Mac
. He left the company in 1995 ("making me the earliest LG-quitter among the Irrational team
") for a brief sojourn in the commercial software world ("it was supposed to be like the Metaverse, but it ended up more like Lotus Notes"), after which he became Conceptual Lead on the GameFX
title Sinistar Unleashed
Gareth joined Irrational as a consultant in the early prototyping stages of System Shock 2
, and ended up as Lead Artist. Although allegedly acting under orders, he was the man most directly responsible for all those unbelievably blocky monsters ("Hey! You try and do better with 275 polygons!!!").
Gareth has a BFA in illustration from Parsons School of Design, and is currently employed at Helixe
. When he isn't working on computer games, he draws
a lot and runs a vast comic publishing empire
- The Incredibles (2004), THQ Inc.
- Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide (2003), Atari, Inc.
- Tak and the Power of Juju (2003), THQ Inc.
- Freedom Force (2002), Crave Entertainment, Inc., Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Star Wars: The New Droid Army (2002), THQ Inc.
- Sinistar Unleashed (1999), THQ Inc.
- System Shock 2 (1999), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri (1996), Looking Glass Technologies, Inc.
- Flight Unlimited (1995), Looking Glass Technologies, Inc.