Dana MacKenzie started his career as a graphic designer and illustrator after graduating from a 4-year program in Visual Communications at The Alberta College of Art and Design, in 1994.
Dana has been working in the videogame industry since 1997. After graduating from Sheridan College's post-graduate program in Computer Animation in 1997, Dana landed his first gig in the gaming industry with EA Canada
where he worked on "Triple Play '98
", as Lead User Interface Designer.
At the end of 1997 Dana moved South of the border to San Jose, Ca. There he worked for Universal Studios Digital Arts
, on "Monster Movie" (unreleased) and "Xena: Warrior Princess
" (released 99, published by EA).
In 1998, Dana moved Eastward to Salt Lake City, where he worked for Kodiak Interactive
for 3 years. During the course of his employment in Utah Dana worked on "WCW Mayhem
" (EA), "WCW Backstage Assault
" (EA), "Inside Pitch Baseball
" (Microsoft), and "Monsters, Inc.
" (Disney). During that time, Dana continued work as an artist in the capacities of Lead Artist as well as Lead User Interface Designer.
After Kodiak closed its doors in at the end of 2001, Dana moved back to California where he worked for Neversoft Entertainment
for 3.5 years. During his stay with Neversoft, Dana worked on "Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
", "Tony Hawk's Underground
", "Tony Hawk's Underground 2
" and finally "Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
". Again, Dana headed up the design and implementation of the user interfaces for all of those products, as well as supporting the art team in many other capacities.
In 2005, after becoming a father for the first time Dana decided to uproot the family from the hustle and bustle of Southern California and moved up to Bend Oregon, where he landed employment with Sony Bend
. In 2006 he completed work on the highly-acclaimed Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
, for the PSP. In 2007 he finished Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror (PS2), Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
(PSP) as well as Syphon Filter: Combat Ops
(downloadable PSP title)
Currently Dana is continuing work with Sony Bend
on some top-secret projects, while raising his little girl, Rowan and enjoying life with his wife Jenny.
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011), Sony Computer Entertainment Incorporated
- Resistance: Retribution (2009), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Syphon Filter: Combat Ops (2007), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow (2007), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror (2006), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (2005), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (Collector's Edition) (2005), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- Tony Hawk's Underground 2: Remix (2005), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- Tony Hawk's Underground 2 (2004), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- Tony Hawk's Underground (2003), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- The Sims: Online (2002), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 (2002), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- WCW Mayhem (1999), Electronic Arts, Inc.