Gary Roberts has been in the motion capture industry for over 15 years and has been part of hundreds of productions spanning feature film, game, commercial, music video, TV episodic, and many others involving rare and bizarre uses of motion capture. Amongst the portfolio Gary is proud to have been involved with are; Polar Express, Monster House, Beowulf, Spider Man 3, Lost In Space, Guitar Hero, Uncharted, Drakes Fortune, WWE, Miller Lite, Target, Halo 3 and Gears of War commercials.
Gary started life as an Animator and Software Developer with Electronic Arts
(EA) in 1990 and became one of the founding members of the World Wide Motion Capture Group and drove EA into becoming one of the early adopters of motion capture in the entertainment industry along with developing the first set of tools and pipelines including the industries first Global Optimized Solver for EA.
After working on numerous game titles, he left EA to co-found and become CEO of Performance Capture Studios in Los Angeles. After 3 years of success and countless productions, it was time to move on and become the Executive Development Manager for VICON. Here he managed the design, development and implementation of the now infamous award winning VICON MX40 system, VICON iQ and VICON Real time.
Three years later Gary returned to Los Angeles to take over and the run VICON HOUSE OF MOVES(HOM) and create the VICON FEATURE UNIT. Working on countless productions and leading HOM to its largest year in history along with designing and developing new hardware and software for the industry, he decided to move on.
Gary is now the motion capture lead and supervisor for Humbug Entertainment
and also Founder and CEO of a new start up company still within the motion capture and film industry.
Throughout his career Gary has been at the forefront of motion capture both in developing innovative technology and being deep in production. He pledges to continue to support and drive the industry forward where ever possible along with the MCS Board Members.
Gary currently lives in Los Angeles, jumps out of aircraft and tries to find new ways of descending mountains as fast as possible.
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- Medal of Honor: Warfighter (2012), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Silent Hill: Homecoming (2008), Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.
- Conan (2007), THQ Inc.
- Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s (2007), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- Guitar Hero II (2007), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- Resident Evil 4 (2007), ND GAMES
- TimeShift (2007), Sierra Entertainment, Inc.
- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2007), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Resident Evil 4 (2005), Capcom Entertainment, Inc.
- NFL 2K (1999), SEGA Corporation
- AFL '98 (1998), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Bundesliga 99 (1998), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- FIFA Soccer 97 (1996), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Bill Walsh College Football (1993), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Desert Strike: Return to the Gulf (1993), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- NHL '94 (1993), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- John Madden Football '93 (1992), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Tanx (1991),