Stephen A. Hornback
Developer BIOStephen Hornback currently is an owner of and a lead artist for Soldak Entertainment. He has over 20 years of digital art experience in game development and design. Stephen is proficient in Photoshop and 3D Studio Max as well as Source, Doom, and Unreal tech. He also has experience as a developer for the PC, Xbox, and Sony Playstation development platforms.
Stephen originally created clip art as shareware, which won an award resulting in a call from Apogee/3D Realms in '91 to work as a game artist. There he worked on Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure, Duke Nukem II, Rise of the Triad, Duke Nukem 3D and Atomic Edition, Shadow Warrior, and other things like designing the 3D Realms logo. Then Stephen joined Rogue Entertainment in 2000 where he worked with a development team making American Mcgee's Alice for Electronic Arts. After Rogue, he was hired by at Ritual Entertainment as a senior artist where he worked on games such as Star Trek: Elite Forces II, Blackhawk Down: Team Sabre, and Sin Episodes:Emergence.
After leaving Ritual, Stephen started his own contract art business where he created mainly environmental artwork for game developers. In 2011, Stephen accepted the position as an owner of Soldak Entertainment where he is involved in creation/direction of all game related art assets for projects. Stephen's latest project for Soldak Entertainment is "Drox Operative", a space action RPG, which is scheduled for release in 2012.
Edit Bio | View History
Also Known As
- Steve Hornback
- Steven Hornback
- Stephen Hornback
- Art by Stephen Hornback) -- This is Stephen Hornback's website where he shows examples of his artwork for the game industry over the past several years. Anyone is welcome to visit!
- Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition (2013), Devolver Digital
- Rise of the Triad (2013), Apogee Software, LLC
- Din's Curse: Demon War (2011), Soldak Entertainment, Inc.
- Duke Nukem Forever (2011), 2K Games, Inc.
- Din's Curse (2010), Soldak Entertainment, Inc.
- Depths of Peril (2007), Soldak Entertainment, Inc.
- 25 to Life (2006), Eidos Interactive Ltd.
- SiN Episodes: Emergence (2006), Valve Corporation
- Counter-Strike: Condition Zero (2004), Sierra Entertainment, Inc.
- Delta Force: Black Hawk Down - Team Sabre (2004), NovaLogic, Inc.
- Star Trek: Elite Force II (2003), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- Duke Nukem Advance (2002), Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
- American McGee's Alice (2000), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Duke Nukem (1998), GT Interactive Software Corp.
- Duke Nukem 3D (1998), Tec Toy Indústria de Brinquedos S.A.
- Balls of Steel (1997), GT Interactive Software Corp.
- Duke Nukem 64 (1997), GT Interactive Software Europe Ltd.
- Shadow Warrior (1997), GT Interactive Software Corp.
- Duke Nukem 3D (1996), FormGen, Inc.
- Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition (1996), GT Interactive Software Corp.
- Duke Nukem 3D: Plutonium Pak (1996), GT Interactive Software Corp.
- Terminal Velocity (1995), U.S. Gold Ltd.
- Rise of the Triad: Dark War (1994), Apogee Software, Ltd.
- Rise of the Triad: The HUNT Begins (1994), Apogee Software, Ltd.
- Wacky Wheels (1994), Apogee Software, Ltd.
- Duke Nukem II (1993), Apogee Software, Ltd.
- Major Stryker (1993), Apogee Software, Ltd.
- Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure: Forbidden Planet (1992), Apogee Software, Ltd.