Developer BIOPaul Weaver has been involved in the videogames industry for the last ten years after first breaking into it as a tips writer for the UK videogame magazines Total!, GamesMaster and SuperPlay in 1992.
In 1994 he then joined Rare as a Quality Assurance tester, working on prolific titles such as Donkey Kong Country 2, Killer Instinct and GoldenEye before going on to become the co-designer of Donkey Kong Country 3. After that, he worked on a number of projects including Donkey Kong 64 before deciding to move to Acclaim Studios in Cheltenham in late 1999 for a fresh challenge in game production.
In the four years that he spent at the studio, he rose from Producer to Development Director and completed the successful and timely turnover of nine different games, including Crazy Taxi, Extreme G3, 18 Wheeler and Alias.
In November 2003 Paul joined Ion Storm in Austin, Texas as its Senior Producer. Soon after joining, Paul took the reins of the European version of Deus Ex 2: Invisible War and ensured its timely release on all platforms in February 2004. Immediately after the completion of Deus Ex, he then moved onto Thief: Deadly Shadows and brought it through to completion on XBOX and PC in May 2004. Unfortunately, in early 2005 while completing pre-production on a new Ion Storm title, Eidos’ subsequent sale to SCi saw the decision made to close Ion Storm.
After this, Paul joined a start-up, ‘Breakaway Games – Austin’ as their Studio Development Director and in the year he spent there, designed and produced two ‘Serious’ games – ‘Freedive!’ (A video game to study distraction as a technique in pain management) and ‘24 Blue’ – A simulation of the launch sequence aboard an aircraft carrier (this also involved an unforgettable weekend on the U.S.S. Truman on maneuvers in the North Atlantic, watching the take-off sequence of jets on the deck, as well as landing and taking off the carrier in a transport plane.
In January 2006, Paul joined Visual Concepts Entertainment Inc. as a Senior Producer and took on full responsibility for the Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer project. In 15 Months, starting with a team of 15 people, Paul successfully managed a day and date launch with the movie, including a 1st time worldwide submission pass with both Sony and Microsoft. As well as this, due to a lack of experienced staff, Paul took on the roles of Producer, Creative Director AND Art Manager on the project to successfully guide the project home.
After the conclusion of this project, Paul was offered the opportunity to work again with Warren Spector in the newly acquired Disney Interactive Studio, Junction Point as its Director of Product Development. A lifelong fan of Disney, Paul accepted the position and after finishing his work on the European launch of NBA 2K8 for Visual Concepts, joined Junction Point on 1st October, 2007.
More Bios |
Edit Bio | View History
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.Add Website
- Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two (2012), Disney Interactive Studios
- Disney Epic Mickey (2010), Disney Interactive Studios
- Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007), 2K Games, Inc.
- Project: Snowblind (2005), Eidos Interactive Ltd.
- Alias (2004), Acclaim Entertainment, Inc.
- Thief: Deadly Shadows (2004), Eidos, Inc.
- Dakar 2: The World's Ultimate Rally (2003), Acclaim Entertainment, Inc.
- Deus Ex: Invisible War (2003), Eidos, Inc.
- Summer Heat Beach Volleyball (2003), Acclaim Entertainment, Inc.
- XGRA: Extreme G Racing Association (2003), Acclaim Entertainment, Inc.
- Crazy Taxi (2001), Acclaim Entertainment, Inc.
- Eighteen Wheeler: American Pro Trucker (2001), Acclaim Entertainment, Inc.
- XGIII: Extreme G Racing (2001), Acclaim Entertainment, Inc.
- RC Revenge (2000), Acclaim Entertainment, Inc.
- RC Revenge Pro (2000), Acclaim Entertainment, Inc.
- Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! (1996), Nintendo of America Inc.
- Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (1995), Nintendo of Europe GmbH
- Donkey Kong Land (1995), Nintendo of America Inc.
- Killer Instinct (1995), Nintendo of America Inc.