David Javelosa is a full time Professor of Interactive Media in the Design Technology Department at Santa Monica College’s Academy of Entertainment and Technology where he also founded a program in game development.
He has been active as a composer, performer and new media artist, in electronic music, non-linear game music, improvisation, performance art, music technology, and as an author and educator since the early ‘nineties. He has composed and produced numerous recordings of his own and other’s music. He has also published many articles and a book “Sound and Music for Multimedia”.
He studied at San Jose State University with Alan Strange and the California Institute of the Arts with Morton Subotnick and David Rosenboom, among others. He has taught at San Francisco State’s Multimedia Studies Center, UCLA’s Entertainment Studies Program and at Santa Monica College.
He has also held the positions of Audio Director at Sega of America, Game Industry Specialist for the Yamaha Corporation, and as a freelance composer, sound designer and consultant to the game industry. His work appears regularly in performances and conferences and he is widely acclaimed as an innovator in interactive audio and experimental music.
Also Known As
- Armored Fist 2 (1997), NovaLogic, Inc.
- Disney's Pocahontas (1996), Buena Vista Games, Inc.
- Nickelodeon: Aaahh!!! Real Monsters (1995), Viacom New Media
- Ecco: The Tides of Time (1994), SEGA Enterprises Ltd.
- Streets of Rage 3 (1994), SEGA of America, Inc.
- Jurassic Park (1993), SEGA of America, Inc.
- Sonic the Hedgehog: Spinball (1993), SEGA of America, Inc.
- Spider-Man (1991), SEGA of America, Inc.