Vincent Pourieux started as a programmer at Infogrames
in 1988. After having successfully contributed to the development of a dozen products, including blockbusters such as Asterix and Obelix
, The Smurfs
..., he reached the position of consoles department Team Manager.
In 1997, he founded CPU Software development studio, dedicated specifically to R&D research. He laid the foundations of V-world real-time 3D terrain rendering technology, later rebranded VWorldTerrain.
In 1999 he co-founded EMG
and carried out the development of several games titles, such as Speed Demons
, Nike The Mission
and the Eingana edutaimnent software.
In 2002, Vincent co-founded NP Cube
and, as R&D Manager until August 2004, adapted VWorldTerrain technology to the needs of the client part of the Dark and Light
MMORPG. Some issues about this project can be read in the description of the Mafate engine
In April 2004 he formed VWORLD, LLC to succeed to CPU Software. He currently occupies the position of CEO at VWORLD, company in charge of constantly bringing new enhancements to VWorldTerrain technology and exploiting its related proprietary rights.
Also Known As
- VWorldTerrain -- Vincent Pourieux is the owner and inventor of VWorldTerrain 3D real-time terrain technology presented on VWORLD website.
VWorldTerrain has already been used for Speed Demons, Eingana Act 1 and 1.5 and Dark and Light.
- Egypte Kids (2001), Cryo Interactive Entertainment
- Lucky Luke: Wanted! (2001), Infogrames Europe SA
- The Mission (2000), MC2-Microïds
- Asterix and Obelix Take on Caesar (1999), Cryo Interactive Entertainment
- Lucky Luke (1997), Infogrames Multimedia SA
- The Adventures of Tintin: Prisoners of the Sun (1996), Infogrames Europe SA
- Spirou (1995), Infogrames Europe SA
- Time Gate: Knight's Chase (1995), Infogrames Multimedia SA
- Tintin in Tibet (1995), Infogrames Europe SA
- The Smurfs (1994), Infogrames Europe SA
- Astérix (1993), Infogrames Europe SA
- Toxic Crusaders (1992), SEGA of America, Inc.
- The Light Corridor (1990), Infogrames Europe SA