Bart Roijmans is a freelance sound designer with over 16 years of experience in composing soundtracks for computer games on various platforms. Besides a composer, he's also an experienced voice actor and sound effect designer.
Early 1990, Roijmans began composing music for games and graphic demos for the MSX system as a hobby. Through mutual friends he got acquainted with his current employer Engine Software
, who were also active in the MSX scene at that time. In 1992 he finished his first game soundtrack for a non-commercial project.
Not particularly looking for a job in the games industry he went to college studying computer science. Meanwhile Engine Software turned professional in 1995, and was still looking for a sound designer. After his graduation in 1999 Roijmans joined the Engine Software team, and has been working there ever since. He has worked on the soundtracks of virtually every Engine Software title on PC/CD-ROM, Smartphone, Pocket-PC, SNES, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii and Sony PSP. Covering many game genres as well as musical styles.
In 2006 he started working as a parttime freelancer on soundtracks for Nintendo DS games, as well as the audio post production of large localization projects.
Besides being a dedicated composer, Roijmans is also a passionate gamer. This combined with his extensive work experience gives him insight on what the publisher or end-user wants to hear.
Also Known As
- Bejeweled 2 Deluxe (2010), PopCap Games, Inc.
- Princess in Love (2009), dtp young entertainment GmbH & Co. KG
- Ben 10: Alien Force (2008), D3Publisher of America, Inc.
- Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force (2008), Disney Interactive Studios
- Ener-G: Gym Rockets (2008), Ubisoft, Inc.
- Globey - On the Roll! (2008), GameHouse, Inc.
- Polar Bowler (2008), MumboJumbo, LLC
- Think Kids (2008), dtp young entertainment GmbH & Co. KG
- Tropix! (2008), RealArcade
- Disney Princess: Magical Jewels (2007), Disney Interactive
- Marvel Trading Card Game (2007), Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.
- Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords (2007), D3Publisher of Europe Ltd.
- StateShift (2007), Midas Interactive Entertainment Ltd.
- Maze of Galious (2004), Brain Games
- Wade Hixton's Counter Punch (2004), Destination Software, Inc.
- Artifact (2003), Foreign Media Games
- Coronel Indoor Kartracing (2003), Digital-XL
- The Muppets: On with the Show (2003), TDK Mediactive, Inc.
- Spy Muppets: License to Croak (2003), TDK Mediactive, Inc.
- €uro-Man (2001), Xplorys BV