|All Dogs Go to Heaven (1989)||(Program Design)|
|Press Your Luck (1988)||(Game design by)|
|Dr. Wong's Jacks+ Video Poker for Windows (1993)||(DOS Programming)|
|Combination Lock (1992)||(Programmer)|
|Dr. Wong's Jacks+ Video Poker (1992)||(Programming Director)|
|All Dogs Go to Heaven (1989)||(Software Directors)|
|Press Your Luck (1988)||(Artist)|
|Amarillo Slim's 7 Card Stud (1992)||(Sound Routines)|
|Combination Lock (1992)||(Voices)|
|Amarillo Slim Dealer's Choice (1991)||(Sound Routines)|
|All Dogs Go to Heaven (1989)||(Technical Writers)|
Roger E. Pedersen has been designing, producing, and programming games since the early 1980s for companies such as CBS Software, Gametek, Hi-Tech Expressions, Villa Crespo Software, Acclaim Entertainment, Phantom EFX, Walker Boy Studio, 3D Open Motion, Hypnotics, Merit Industries, Slingo, GameTrust, Digital Embryo, Cellfun. His cumulative title sales have surpassed 50 million copies on over 75 titles for multiple platforms including the personal computer, video consoles, location-based, Internet, arcade, and hand-held. He is also the author of award-winning articles for Gamasutra.com, GameDev.net, and Gignews.com and the best selling book "Game Design Foundations' First (2002) and Second Editions (2009).
Mr. Pedersen is an adjunct professor at NYU, Bloomfield College and Thinnox teaching game design, a senior faculty member at Gameversity teaching Game Design and his articles are mandatory reading for several University's master programs.
Mr. Pedersen has a Masters degree from University of Advancing Technology in Videogame Production and a BS degree in Technical Management/ Game & Simulation Programming from DeVry University. He is a member of several IGDA chapters and a keynote speaker at VGXpo, Xtreme Gaming Conference, Texas Independent Game Conference and NJ Filmmakers’ Conference.
Last updated: Apr 19, 2011
- Triggers and Retreads Designing Great Games -- A recap of Roger E Pedersen's 2006 Austin Indie Game COnference lecture on "Designing Great Games."
- "Specialty Majors Are the Rage on Some Campuses" -- Bloomfield College (NJ) Adjunct Professor Roger E Pedersen discusses game courses and value.
- Can Game Mechanics Control And Influence The Player? -- Roger E Pedersen's Masters Thesis from UAT on psychology and game design
- GameDev.net - An Interview With Roger Pedersen -- A down to earth chat about gaming and how Roger E Pedersen started in the video/PC gaming business.
- Pedersen's Principles on Game Design and Production (Taiwan) -- Pedersen's Principles on Game Design and Production By Roger Pedersen rewritten for an Asian audience.