Gaming industry veteran since the days of the first home computer revolution. First programmed games on the Altair and SOL-20, then moved up to the Commodore PET, Atari and Apple II. Helped usher in the age of the mouse-based GUI on the PC and Macintosh, bringing vivid graphics and audio to consumer entertainment and educational products. When CD-ROM came on the scene, he built innovative new products that took advantage of large amounts of data. Developed one of the first voice-synchronization technologies that breathed life into animated characters using AI and waveform marking techniques.
With the advent of the Internet, his focus changed toward all things Online. Early in the history of this new medium he founded a development group focused on enabling online technology features in entertainment titles. Since then he has been a principal online architect for many hallmark gaming industry titles and brands. As the first ever Principal Scientist at The Walt Disney Company
, Louis helped their diverse set of online properties build efficiency and synergy through good old fashioned communication. As the founding engineer at an ecommerce-focused start-up company, he designed and built the interactive online store system that handles transactions for the biggest names in TV networks and movie studios. As a consultant, Mr. Ewens used his entertainment management and technical know-how to launch many innovative bay area start-up companies.
Most recently Louis has returned to his core gaming roots and is again mentoring and sharing his technical knowledge with gaming studios across the globe.
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- BioShock Infinite (2013), 2K Games, Inc.
- Borderlands 2 (2012), 2K Games, Inc.
- The Darkness II (2012), 2K Games, Inc.
- Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods and Kings (2012), 2K Games, Inc.
- Spec Ops: The Line (2012), 2K Games, Inc.
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2012), 2K Games, Inc.
- CivWorld (2011), 2K Games, Inc.
- Duke Nukem Forever (2011), 2K Games, Inc.
- Sid Meier's Civilization: Revolution (2009), 2K Games, Inc.
- The Sims: Mega Deluxe (2004), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- The Sims: Deluxe Edition (2002), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- SimCity 3000 Unlimited (2000), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- The Sims (2000), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- WarBreeds (1998), Red Orb Entertainment
- Take No Prisoners (1997), Red Orb Entertainment
- Carmen Sandiego: Junior Detective Edition (1995), Brøderbund Software, Inc.
- Galleons of Glory: The Secret Voyage of Magellan (1990), Brøderbund Software, Inc.
- Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? (Deluxe Edition) (1990), Brøderbund Software, Inc.
- Where in Europe is Carmen Sandiego? (1988), Brøderbund Software, Inc.
- The Toy Shop (1986), Brøderbund Software, Inc.
- Whistler's Brother (1984), Brøderbund Software, Inc.