Jason Vandenberghe is a designer, technologist, writer, speaker, and director. He has been making AAA action/adventure games for going on thirteen years now. His first game gig was in 1996 (as a programmer on The X-Files Game), and he’s never looked back.
Jason has carved a career out of bringing excellence to challenging projects. He cut his teeth at Electronic Arts
, spending six years making James Bond games: Agent Under Fire, Nightfire, Everything or Nothing (his first lead design role) and (briefly) From Russia With Love. For him, EA was a grand education in the best and worst of large-scale game production & development practices, and further projects like The Godfather and Lord of the Rings: The Third Age were proving grounds for testing these ideas under pressure.
Taking a chance to move to Activision
in 2004, Jason then applied this experience to a wide scope of projects: X-Men: The Movie Game, the Call of Duty franchise, the Guitar Hero franchise, Spider-Man… At Activision, he confirmed to his own satisfaction that many of the difficulties experienced by large dev teams making AAA games are the same world-wide, and he began to develop a style and series of methods to resolve these common challenges.
In 2008, he was offered an opportunity he couldn’t refuse: to make 1st-person sword & gun play fun at Ubisoft
Paris. So far, he’s been delighted that he took the offer.
Also Known As
- Jason Vanderbergh
- Jason Vandenberghe
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- Far Cry 3 (2012), Ubisoft Entertainment SA
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (2012), Ubisoft, Inc.
- ZombiU (2012), Ubisoft, Inc.
- Prince of Persia Classic (2011), Ubisoft Entertainment SA
- Rayman Origins (2011), Ubisoft Entertainment SA
- Red Steel 2 (2010), Ubisoft, Inc.
- Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (2008), Activision Deutschland GmbH
- X-Men: The Official Game (2006), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- 007: Everything or Nothing (2004), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age (2004), Electronic Arts Ltd.
- 007: Everything or Nothing (2003), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- The X-Files Game (1998), Fox Interactive, Inc.