Developer BIOSince August 2008 Rob Adams is a Lead Environment Artist at Bungie, LLC.
He became involved in the games industry in August 1993 when he was offered an intern job at Atari Games Corporation during his first college year. After juggling his college schedule and the job for six months, he was offered a position as a full-time artist. As there weren't any game industry schools or degrees at the time, he took the opportunity, left college and joined the company. He worked on several coin-up games such as San Francisco Rush (sprite processing), Metal Maniax (textures, sprites, HUD) and Primal Rage (sprite processing). He stayed with Atari until March 1997 and then left for Cyclone Studios.
His tenure at Cyclone was short and lasted until September 1998. He was the Project Art Lead on the PSX title Groundwave / Bioswarm that was eventually never released. He was responsible for concepts, models, textures, and LODs for the vehicles, worlds, and enemies. In September 1998 he joined Electronic Arts where he was the Project Art Lead on Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed (PC) and also worked on Need for Speed: High Stakes (PSX), working on custom modeling, texturing, animation, and vertex lighting of unique moments throughout the tracks. He left the company in July 2000 and joined Naughty Dog.
He stayed at the company until October 2007 and then had a brief position at Snowblind Studios as a Senior Environment Artist before he joined Bungie in August 2008.
Also Known As
- Rob Adams
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.Add Website
- Halo: Reach (2010), Microsoft Game Studios
- Halo 3: ODST (2009), Microsoft Game Studios
- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2007), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Jak X: Combat Racing (2005), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Jak 3 (2004), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Jak II (2003), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (2001), Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd.
- Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed (2000), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Need for Speed: High Stakes (1999), Electronic Arts, Inc.