Developer BIOAs the chief architect of technology, Stuart builds new and better game engines and tools. His responsibilities also include managing the programming team and streamlining game development.
Why make video games? "Programming is a creative outlet for me. I love seeing what can happen when like-minded people come together to create something different."
Favorite Surreal game character? "Arokh - Who doesn't love a flying, walking, talking dragon with personality?"
What got you started? "I started playing Combat and Decathlon on the Atari 2600 at a friend's house - I always remember wanting to have a 2600, but I never got one. Maybe that's why I spend so much time with games now. I probably wrote 100 different games for fun on various computer systems before we started Surreal."
Personal or professional credo? "Don't let the turkeys get you down."
Source: Selected articles from Surreal Software Official Company Website
Also Known As
- Stu Denman
- stuartdenman.com) -- Stuart Denman's blog with his game development projects, and his other creative outlets.
- Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows (2005), Midway Home Entertainment, Inc.
- The Suffering: Ties That Bind (2005), Midway Home Entertainment, Inc.
- The Suffering (2004), Midway Games Ltd.
- Drakan: The Ancients' Gates (2002), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2002), Black Label Games
- Drakan: Order of the Flame (1999), Psygnosis Limited