🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Suggestions > About starcraft remastered submission

Valeran (3186) on 4/22/2018 7:54 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Why my submission about this game was escalated without any comments?

Plok (214112) on 4/22/2018 8:00 AM · Permalink · Report

In the way the system is made, only approvers see the escalation comment. Not that I wholly support that, but it's just the way it is at the moment.

As for the reason of the escalation, it's complicated with StarCraft Remastered. It is essentially StarCraft: Battle Chest updated to version 1.18 or higher, made freeware, and the "Remastered" part is a glorified skin set and the "permission" to use widescreen that is bought from within the game, and not a separate game per se (I was even able to update an existing 1.16.1 installation with this). So, I'm not sure what to do, and escalating means I request help from another approver while freeing up the main approval queue for other game entries.

Valeran (3186) on 4/22/2018 8:10 AM · Permalink · Report

Ok, may I try add remastered credits to starcraft battle chest?

Plok (214112) on 4/22/2018 8:12 AM · Permalink · Report

Not until this escalated entry is resolved by another approver. It'll cause confusion otherwise.

MrFlibble (18234) on 4/28/2018 4:30 PM · Permalink · Report

I suppose StarCraft: Anthology would be more fitting than Battle Chest which includes some proprietary strategy guide which AFAIK is not included either with the freeware base game or Remastered.

BTW, I believe that official sources (starcraft.com, battle.net) uniformly spell the title as StarCraft: Remastered, with the colon.

Personally I hope that the situation is resolved in favour of a new entry, but possibly denoting the updated base game, with Remastered as an optional addition included? This is really complicated, yet I'm certain Battle Chest is not the place to append the Remastered version at any rate (Anthology was sold via Blizzard Store AFAIK).

Valeran (3186) on 4/28/2018 6:42 PM · Permalink · Report

Hi, MrFribble, thanks for answer and your opinion, I add starcraft remastred as alternative title for starcraft: anthology, you may now check it.

MrFlibble (18234) on 4/29/2018 8:29 AM · Permalink · Report

Uhh, no, I certainly didn't mean that Remastered should be an "alternate release title" for any previous StarCraft release.

If anything, Anthology should be treated the "same" thing as the current freeware, no-HD version of StarCraft that is available here. Just compare the current page with the StarCraft Anthology digital download purchase page from before, it's clearly the same thing.

On the other hand, StarCraft: Remastered is a different product with its own page. Yet, it's not a different game or different release, it's simply a graphical and sound enhancement of the very same StarCraft, running on the same engine and fully compatible.

With this in mind I'm inclined to think that the proper solution would be to submit Remastered as separate entry, but in the DLC/Add-on category.

Plok (214112) on 4/29/2018 9:48 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Yup, what you said seems like the right way to go. WIP'd.

Valeran (3186) on 4/29/2018 11:02 AM · Permalink · Report

Thanks for notes, I'm edit already submission.