🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Find a game > Sierra adventure game

Durandall on 3/25/2015 5:29 AM · Permalink · Report

It was probably a late 90s dos game. I think the game was a Sierra adventure game. A part of the game took place on a boat. Seem to remember some water in it. The bilge? There was a soft? spot on a wooden wall on the boat that you maybe carved out with a knife. Might have been some belaying pins somewhere.

I originally described a game to my parents many a year ago. They couldn't find it at the store and picked me up the above game instead. In recent years I found the original game I asked for was actually Space Quest 6: Roger Wilco in the Spinal Frontier's demo that I had played off some disc. Now I can't remember what game they got me in place of it! Crazy stuff.

Rwolf (22827) on 3/25/2015 12:48 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Possibly one of the Monkey Islands games?

I think one started with your character trapped in a pirate ship.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/curse-of-monkey-island

Cantillon (77080) on 3/25/2015 4:55 PM · Permalink · Report

Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail! ?

Daniel Saner (3503) on 3/28/2015 3:07 AM · Permalink · Report

Could also have been Goblins 3, maybe. That one starts on a ship as well, although it's up in the air.

It was published by Sierra in the States, as Goblin's Quest 3. The Quest in the title would be a good reason for a parent to get it in place of some other "Quest" game they couldn't find, hoping it's a similar kind of game. =)

eXo (346) on 5/12/2015 3:24 PM · Permalink · Report

Sounds like Lost in Time, which does start on a boat. You also use a knife to climb a wooden wall.

Durandall on 8/16/2015 6:42 AM · Permalink · Report

Completely forgot about this post. Very sorry. Yes, it was Lost in Time. Just found it the other night.