🐳 Moby v2024.04.07

Forums > Find a game > Late 90s Japanese Arcade Camera Light Gun Game Help

jen tennyson on 6/30/2015 11:27 PM · Permalink · Report

Hi,

I was hoping to get a name for arcade game I played often in Japan in the late 90s. The input device was a plastic camera, used for taking pictures on the screen, much like a light gun game worked.

It was two player, and the gameplay was divided into different missions, based on different kinds of photography. There was everything from a sports section where the mission was taking a picture of a baseball player exactly when they hit a baseball, to fashion photography where you needed to take 100 pictures of a model in 30 seconds. I also remember a mission where you had to photograph a shooting star in motion and taking pictures of ghosts that appeared in a class photo setting.

It never came to the US, and I always wanted to play it again.

Thanks

Game Guesser (28) on 8/8/2015 12:47 PM · Permalink · Report

This pretty much has to be Namco's Photo Battle, a System 10 game which has yet to be dumped, let alone emulated properly. It has a minisite here.

Freeman (65090) on 8/8/2015 5:54 PM · Permalink · Report

Nice find, that certainly seems to fit the description. I was searching arcade sites, trying to find games with unique peripherals but couldn't find anything with a camera.