🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Bugs > Unknown release date - bug or allowed?

MAT (240968) on 12/20/2013 12:08 AM · Permalink · Report

Since when can we submit a game or platform without specifying release date info? Or is the Amiga platform for the game below some buggy entry?

http://www.mobygames.com/game/amiga/speccy-cd-1996-1997-version

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 12/20/2013 1:44 AM · Permalink · Report

The system will support it -- I have caught at least two such examples in the wild -- approvers just don't let it through except if they overlook it.

MAT (240968) on 12/20/2013 2:06 AM · Permalink · Report

If the system will support it, does that mean such submissions are valid or should the system be fixed not to allow that?

I know that Freeware/Indie releases can only have release date without a company or something, but didn't know commercial releases can pass with completely missing release info.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 12/20/2013 2:33 AM · Permalink · Report

The thing is, there are hundreds if not thousands of games out there whose release date is totally unknown. I've entered some games with release dates set sometime between the launch of the platform for which it was written and the datestamp on the earliest walkthrough I could find for the game. Games whose release dates are known are equally worth documenting... we just don't like having the blank space and thinking what it's going to do to the neat little rows in the game browser.

So I would be against "fixing" the system to disallow them. The approvers currently do a good enough job of that on their own.

Karsa Orlong (151834) on 12/20/2013 2:18 AM · Permalink · Report

They can't, this is old redesign bug, I have already submitted correct release info

Kabushi (261206) on 12/20/2013 4:28 PM · Permalink · Report

No, this has always been possible. Just skip the release info step in the wizard.