🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Bugs > Can't submit company logos - error appears

Havoc Crow (29859) on 7/17/2014 6:10 AM · Permalink · Report

I tried submitting a company logo yesterday, for the company Magma Mobile. I picked the dates, chose to upload the image, and then an error appeared:

The page you are trying to view is experiencing technical difficulties. An error report has automatically been generated and sent to the support staff. The problem will be looked into shortly. It is highly likely that this problem is isolated and not effecting the rest of the site, so please don't go away. Thanks for your understanding.

I tried submitting a logo to Karlin Games, and it ended the same way. Now I can't even do anything with either of these submissions: clicking "more info" in the "item(s) that you haven't finished submitting yet..." box on the main page, or clicking the "2 company logos" link in my Approval Status page, returns the same error.

Indra was here (20755) on 8/4/2014 7:37 PM · Permalink · Report

Try it again. I just tested uploading to both Magma Mobile and Karlin Games, using 2013 as the starting year. Tested both PNG and JPG files. Seems to work fine from my end.

Though I have noticed there isn't an option to abandon the submission whilst doing this.

Havoc Crow (29859) on 8/6/2014 5:40 AM · Permalink · Report

I tried doing this from two different computers (one running Windows XP, the other Windows 7). The same thing happened each time.

I think the problem may somehow be in the image files themselves. I tried uploading a random gif image from my hard drive and it worked OK.

Havoc Crow (29859) on 8/10/2014 7:38 AM · Permalink · Report

Indeed - it seems something was wrong with the files themselves. I have no idea if it's something with my computer, my tablet (the logos were cropped screenshots from my tablet), or something else.

I somehow fixed the images, and they are working OK now.

Indra was here (20755) on 11/16/2014 6:28 PM · Permalink · Report

Don't mind me, just passing through.