Forums > Bugs > Notifications going in Junk Mail

Fred VT (25953) on 12/10/2014 11:49 PM · Permalink · Report

Part of the MG approval notifications I receive get in my mailbox while some go in the Junk mail folder. This may be a mailbox provider issue, but it doesn't hurt to report it here just in case.

Indra was here (20756) on 12/11/2014 4:12 AM · Permalink · Report

Is there any other additional criteria/patterns of mail going in the trash or is it just random? Just to narrow down possibilities before I file this.

Fred VT (25953) on 12/11/2014 12:48 PM · Permalink · Report

Nop, seems completely random. I've had a bunch of titles approved yesterday (Thanks Karsa Orlong for clearing up that queue!) and about a quarter of the messages went in the Junk folder. The same happened with product codes and release info in the last weeks.

Karsa Orlong (151838) on 12/13/2014 10:26 AM · Permalink · Report

Too many messages from the same source in a short time may be recognized as a spam by mailbox provider. I had same problem long time ago.

Indra was here (20756) on 12/13/2014 4:40 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Prayer received. Added to bug tracker, not yet added to Master bug list.

MG Notification Spam

Added: December 14, 2014.

Reported by: Fred VT

MG approval notifications may end up in the junk mail folder. It is unclear whether or not this is an issue from the MG side or from the mail provider.

The only working hypothesis is that a frequent number of emails from MG may be identified as spam. Sending notifications not in bulk may correct this issue.