🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Bugs > I should'nt be able to post here (should I?)

-Chris (7762) on 2/21/2006 9:20 AM · Permalink · Report

Hey guys, it sure is nice to post in here once more, but I think I shouldn't be able to.

Some of you might remember, I've been an approver for some time. I quit due to time constraints (i.e. Corn Popper kicked me out because I wasn't approving anything any more :-).

With the approver status I lost the right to read or write in the approver forum, so I thought. The "There are new messages in the following boards..." message on my Moby home screen remained (this shouldn't have been the case), but when I click on it, I get a "permission denied" message.

With the opening of the public forums, I noticed two things.
* I cannot use the "new messages" link on the home screen to go to public boards I subscribed to. I still get a denial message if I click on the "Game Talk" shortcut, for example. Obviously, my status as an ex-approver disables all the forum links.
* I can still write in here. And read all your rants. Juicy.

Just a heads up. Brian might want to change this since there are more ex-approvers than just me. On the other hand, I won't do any harm. In fact I don't mind being a creature of the shadow world, eternally wandering between mere mortals and approvers.

Brian Hirt (10409) on 2/21/2006 11:39 PM · Permalink · Report

Doh, thanks for pointing that out, the links on the home page are still sending people to /approval/message_board instead of /forums. So that's effecting all people. I'm surprised this is the first time I've heard about it. The former is protected which is why you can get to it, but you can still read / post to the approval forums through the http://www.mobygames.com/forums link.

When you stop approving you are supposed to be automatically unsubscribed from the forums, but that obvisouly insn't working properly. I'll check it out.