Forums > Bugs > Unable to access valid developer

Freeman (65090) on 3/5/2008 4:54 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I'm unable to access the entry Dale Bozzio (either of them). I get the "The developer you are trying to view no longer exists in our database" message. I was going to make a correction that Dale Bozzio is also credited as Dale Bozzio - McKenzie (PS2 GTA Liberty Stories credits).

Edit: Same thing for Kelly Sebastian. Should be Kelly M. Sebastian

Freeman (65090) on 3/8/2008 1:41 AM · Permalink · Report

Someone messaged me about the same problem when he was trying to do AKAs for new developers.

"I did a search and found them and I got the error: "The developer you are trying to view no longer exists in our database, or possibly a malformed request was sent to the server." So I went straight to the credits to look from there and it seems that only the people who are credited with other games are shown. So no new developers are listed in the credits."

Sciere (930479) on 3/8/2008 9:23 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

It should work now. The problem occurs when a credits entry where new developers are added, is rejected. Sometimes someone else submits a later submission with the same people (then already created in the database), but when the first submission is rejected, the people in the second submission point to rejected developers and thus don't show. Post it here if there are more.

Freeman (65090) on 3/13/2008 3:25 AM · Permalink · Report

This is the reply I got:

"If you go to the Vice City Stories credits that I submitted, none of the new developers are shown on file. For example, on Radio Station: VRock on the song "Lick It Up", Vincent Cusano (Writer) is supposed to be credited here but he is not there because he is a new developer. For some reason, only the names of people that are already in the database are showing up on the credits on file and none of the new developers are showing up. I thought that when I mentioned this earlier that you wanted me to go back into the credit wizard and submit all the people that are not showing up in the credits (which would be all the new developers). So I went to the wizard and all of those new developers are shown in the wizard in the correct place. But if you go to the credits on file, the new developers are not there. Hope that makes sense, maybe you knew all of this already though."

So, should I ask him to send me a list of all the new developers? Also, this seems like quite an inconvenient bug. I'm hoping this way is just a short term fix.

Sciere (930479) on 3/13/2008 12:47 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

This is a very time-consuming process to fix. First, I have to edit the rejected submission (for the PSP in this case) and completely empty all developers there. Next, I have to open the approved PS2 submission and click all developers one by one to see if they show correctly. If not, each developer needs to be manually approved again.

I don't know what Brian is up to this moment, but let me know if there are more of thes cases. Basically, this affects any rejected credits listing where new developers where added - leading to a tremendous amount of malformed and crippled listings on file. The good news is that the listing is complete in the backend, so hopefully Brian will be able to do something about it. I won't fix these manually, because it will take hours and Brian may fix all of these at once fingers crossed.

Sciere (930479) on 3/13/2008 7:45 PM · Permalink · Report

Brian is now aware of the bug and looking for a fix!

Freeman (65090) on 3/14/2008 3:21 AM · Permalink · Report

Excellent, I PMed him back and told him not to try and manually fix the credits.