Forums > News > Milestone Celebration: Unicorn Lynx, Macs Black and LepricahnsGold

MZ per X (3017) on 7/14/2010 7:34 PM · Permalink · Report

If actually a proof was needed whether the MobyGames community is very much alive or not, let's take a look at the latest achievements of some of our top contributors:

Russian-Israeli-Chinese contributor Unicorn Lynx, one of our too few people who are able to read Japanese and/or Chinese and who are actually contributing in this interesting gaming segment, got another motivation boost with the addition of the Japanese-only PC-88 and PC-98 platforms, thus easily jumping into the 80,000 points. He is the second man to ever reach this milestone. Besides his high quality work on Asian titles, his reviews are always a pleasure to read, and when looking at the average points reward for his 2010 reviews (4.59 by now where 5 is best) I'm clearly not alone with this opinion.

1 Brazilian contributor Macs Black obviously continues to play many of the casual and hidden object games that are released out there - and he also continues adding them all to the database in high quality delivery, a work that saw him break the 70,000 points barrier as the fourth contributor ever recently. But a closer look at his contributions reveals that Macs must not be reduced to casual games: he adds obscure freeware games of all genres for home computers, has mastered the art of console screen capturing, and is the all-time #3 contributor of developer portraits. Just to give some examples.

And last, but not least, all-time #4 US-American contributor LepricahnsGold became the 12th man/woman to score 50,000 contribution points recently. For his latest 10,000 points he mostly added screen shots of ages-old home computer games (C64, MSX, Amstrad CPC), filling many visual database gaps of the 8-bit-age along the way. But I remember having seen him contribute for console systems/handhelds, too.

A big wet ki... err... a loud Hooray to all of you, guys. :o)

chirinea (47504) on 7/14/2010 7:38 PM · Permalink · Report

That's great, congrats to all of you!

On a related note: the Twitter feature that posts these news items should add also a link for them. It is a bit silly to just read the thread title and have to figure out what it means.

MZ per X (3017) on 7/14/2010 7:46 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

When you contribute a news item, you have more than 50 characters for the subject at your disposal. =)

Patrick Bregger (298416) on 7/14/2010 7:47 PM · Permalink · Report

Huge Congratulations to all of you! Great achievements!

vedder (70661) on 7/14/2010 7:54 PM · Permalink · Report

Insanoflex!

Evil Ryu (66053) on 7/15/2010 12:42 AM · Permalink · Report

Congratulations for both: as usual, let's keep the good work! ;-D

Parf (7873) on 7/15/2010 3:57 AM · Permalink · Report

Big congrats to all involved! :)

Lain Crowley (6630) on 7/15/2010 4:12 AM · Permalink · Report

Congratulations to all, and especially Unicorn Lynx for making Moby into what is probably the best english language source for japanese computer games.

Spenot (8592) on 7/15/2010 10:05 AM · Permalink · Report

Great work, congrats to all!

Unicorn Lynx (181788) on 7/15/2010 11:46 AM · Permalink · Report

Thank you, thank you! (walking around with both hands raised, with a fake smile on the face). Thank you, thank you! (clears throat). I'm very touched and excited... (looks in his notebook)... though not in THAT way, you know what I'm saying (grinning to the audience). I'm very glad I was able to enrich our database with so many por... err... I mean... Japanese games... ahem!!... (nervously looks around). I assure you that it was all done for the sake of our dear Communist party and the Chinese peop... (turning the pages, whispering angrily: "damn it, I shouldn't have put two speeches on the same paper...") errr... our dear site. You can expect more contributions with tit... errr... uhhh... high-quality descriptions in the future. Thank you! Thank you!

Starbuck the Third (22608) on 7/15/2010 1:47 PM · Permalink · Report

Congrats to all, esp. unicorn lynx. Its thanks to his beavering away at the PC-98 games that you can hardly see anyone elses work in the new games section. Also one of the few regular top end contributors who also bothers with writing reviews.

Unicorn Lynx (181788) on 7/15/2010 2:38 PM · Permalink · Report

Also one of the few regular top end contributors who also bothers with writing reviews.

Well, I initially joined MobyGames (man, it's been 9 years already!) only because I wanted to post reviews. My first 100 or so points were exclusively from reviews and ratings, nothing else. It's a tradition :)

Jony Shahar (1829) on 7/29/2010 12:21 PM · Permalink · Report

Lynx your reviews are too good to be true. A unicorn legend of this website.

Unicorn Lynx (181788) on 7/29/2010 2:21 PM · Permalink · Report

תודה אחי :)

BurningStickMan (17916) on 7/15/2010 3:33 PM · Permalink · Report

Congrats all!

formercontrib (157536) on 7/15/2010 3:48 PM · Permalink · Report

Big balls and congratz too all of you, may the force be with you Schnuffels!

Mickael Pointier (166) on 7/29/2010 12:59 PM · Permalink · Report

There are other people out there who would like to be able to also submit screen shots and game credits for ages-old computer games, but unfortunately despite numerous mails sent to ask the platform to be added (in this case the Oric 1/Oric Atmos machines) there are still not there.

Hopefully this will happen before the last Oric owners died of old age ;)

Jacob Quinn (5) on 8/10/2010 9:38 AM · Permalink · Report

DAMN RIGHT curse that godamn 50 characters limit, trust me mate your not the only 1 who wants to curse the 50 character limit!