(Edited by MZ per X (2942), Nov 21, 2010)Milestone Celebration: Sciere, ALAKA, DJ Squarewave
MZ per X (2942), Nov 20, 2010
The next batch of MobyHeroes™ walks down the achievement line. And the rest of us shall celebrate.
What can be said about Belgian admin Sciere, that hasn't been said before? How to fill two, three or four celebration news items for him each year? How to summarize what he achieved for this site? I don't really know, but what I know is that he broke 140,000.00 points recently, and we all wish he'll be around here for a long time to come.
US-American contributor ALAKA recently finished his campaign for breaking into the 20K points achievers, securing this feat as the 29th member ever by a hair's breadth. When looking through his contribution profile, one can see close to 70% of his points were scored in making the database more colorful (screen shots), and the remaining above 30% are beautifully divided among everything else. What catches the eye are seven contributed scans of these wonderful gaming artifacts known as overlays, and ALAKA even wrote one lonely review back in 2008 which stands at a helpful rating of 100%. =)
And as the last man of the new US-American Triumvirate that is slowly but steadily chasing the Top 6 US contributors up there, DJ Squarewave tackled the 20K points barrier as the 30th contributor ever recently. The most notable thing about him - besides his auto-diagnosis as achievement whore - is certainly the fact that he is studying Japanese, making him one of few contributors able to do serious grass-roots work in this - to Westerners - highly obscure field of gaming. And looking through his profile, he's not only able to do this, he's actually doing it by adding Japanese-only games, transliterating Japanese credits, and so forth. Finally, it must be noted that DJ Squarewave wrote double as much reviews as ALAKA did, yet all of them stand at 100% helpful. (o:
Hats off, guys, and keep those points coming!
Congrats, guy! Keep going, DJSW, my partner to Japanification of this site! :)
It should be noted that DJSW is the Japanese expert of the site now, what with Iggy being inactive lately. I must humbly admit that his Japanese is way better than mine... and so is his ability to dig up some obscure Japanese sites which contain proofs of some long-forgotten developing contracts! :)
There have been too many of these lately. I mean, seriously, who cares about that djsw guy anyway? He's a total jerkface. ;)
...in all seriousness, congratulations to Sciere and ALAKA. Sciere, you're a monster, and even when you're on a break you get more points in two months than I do in a year. And ALAKA...I'm calling you out now as my designated rival. I've been chasing you for the last six months, and whenever I pass you in points you pull something else out to take the lead again. I need to step up my game. :)
Oh, and if anyone's interested, I'll be finishing my degree up in just a few weeks. If anyone has any Japanese-to-English translation work for me, I'd love to hear about it! :D
Congratulations to the trio!!! =D
MZ per X Wrote:
The only thing i can think of is How does he do it!. It's just incredible how much sciere has found and contributed in less time than his nearest competition!
Congrats to ALAKA and squarewave, too.
Oops, forgot the profile links for the three - fixed.
Congrats to all three of you!
And thanks to djsw for helping me in my achievement whoring when I need it! (Thank god Katamari's over...) ;)
Congratz boyz - well done!
We are so masochists, congratulating Sciere for humiliating us more and more... tsc tsc. =P
Nah, congrats guys, to the three of you. Keep the database growing!