Well not only was the rumor about Doom right, but it appears as if it was just one of a few pretty cool announcements.
- In case you missed the post below - Doom is on XBox Live Arcade ... NOW for 800 ms points with online and split screen co-op and deathmatch!
- Bioshock and Splinter Cell 5 were announced as being console exclusives to the XBox 360.
- Halo Wars (an RTS spin off in the Halo universe set before Halo 1), Project Gotham Racing 4, Crossfire, and two games from Peter Jackson's new game studio (one of them being a game set in the Halo universe and the other based on a new IP).
- The Marvel Comics Massive Multiplayer Online game was announced today as being both cross platform with the PC and 360.
- GTA 4 is going to be getting exclusive new content on the XBox 360 after it's released in the form of two episodic packs that are supposedly going to be the size of the Liberty City Stories spin off that was released on the PSP.
- Last but not least, the HD-DVD drive add-on was priced at $200 in the US and about 200 euros in Europe and will be released in mid-November. It'll come with a XBox 360 Universal Media Remote and a copy of Peter Jackson's King Kong (the movie, not the game).
Overall some pretty good announcements, but is it bad that Doom with online multiplayer is the one I seem to be spending most of my time thinking about?
I also think the announcement about Peter Jackson's Halo game is interesting because it's has been described as more of a cinematic experience... so much so that I wonder what the game will be like.
The least inspired of the bunch is the Marvel announcement. It sounds like a terrible idea and its made by the City of Heroes guys, Cryptic studios. I don't even think another superhero MMO is needed... What about you guys? Is there a place for a Marvel inspired MMO in the market while City of Heroes is around? What would this Marvel game need to be to make it worth while?
OMFG Bioshock is gioing to be exclusive!? Now I want a 360 REALLY bad.
I think it will be also available for Vista, like Halo 2.