Forums > MobyGames > Collaborative Missing Games Spreadsheet

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 6/10/2009 5:49 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Hey, remember when I said I wanted to create a web database that would allow interested contributors to help maintain the missing games lists that I presently maintain as primitive text files?

I thought of a better solution today: A Google spreadsheet.

A few things:

• What other placeholder information should it track? Currently, it's just title, known release date, and known release countries. Going forward, I hope to use it to track game releases, i.e., when all the new games come out on Tuesday, we record the titles along with that Tuesday date.
  • It's just Windows games right now (and only a relatively few at that). Naturally, we can add new sheets for other systems.
  • If you would like to help (and I know several of you do), PM me with your Google ID (same as Gmail address, if you have one).

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 6/10/2009 6:11 AM · Permalink · Report

Okay, I just thought of another useful field: one that denotes which user(s) has the game. This way, other contributors will know better than to track down the game on eBay.

Sciere (927131) on 6/10/2009 7:15 AM · Permalink · Report

Count me in.

vedder (70685) on 6/10/2009 8:17 AM · Permalink · Report

I'm in busy on a CDi list (not done yet, but it's going to be rather thorough) and DOS list (not complete of course, but it has a couple hundred titles with dates and sometimes developers in it) So I'll PM you my gmail account so I can add it when I find the time.

I also have a question. With the CDi I'm also maintaining a list of games that should NOT be allowed in the database, mainly because they were never released or only as hardly functioning prototypes (by Oldgames, such as Super Mario Wacky Worlds for example). Is there room for such info in the spreadsheet?

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 6/10/2009 1:35 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start stvedder wrote--]I also have a question. With the CDi I'm also maintaining a list of games that should NOT be allowed in the database, mainly because they were never released or only as hardly functioning prototypes (by Oldgames, such as Super Mario Wacky Worlds for example). Is there room for such info in the spreadsheet? [/Q --end stvedder wrote--]

We could always start a separate spreadsheet (or a different sheet on the same spreadsheet).

SharkD (425) on 6/11/2009 8:10 AM · Permalink · Report

There's probably a lot of open source games not in the database. Not sure if they're worth listing though.

-Mike

beetle120 (2415) on 6/11/2009 10:02 AM · Permalink · Report

Maybe in a new tab, someone will put in the effort.

Foxhack (32102) on 6/11/2009 2:11 PM · Permalink · Report

What we could do is list the names with a download URL. That way if anyone wants to add one, then they can write "I have the game and am working on it" and once the game is done, it can be crossed off.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66274) on 6/11/2009 5:59 PM · Permalink · Report

I think those are among some of the most deserving addition, since it's not just a document of a dead, static thing, but of future potential!

SharkD (425) on 6/26/2009 2:21 AM · Permalink · Report

Or a dead, static thing.

Foxhack (32102) on 6/10/2009 5:26 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

You should be able to see my GMail address via my profile. Please add me.

I have a full list of FDS releases that I was working on; the original Japanese titles, a translated version, company and such. I'm not sure where it is but I'll look for it and add it as soon as I can.

Edit: 2/3rds of the way through with that.

beetle120 (2415) on 6/10/2009 11:08 PM · Permalink · Report

Wow, what a good idea. I would love to help. My gmail address is the same as my user name here.

Alaka (105836) on 6/10/2009 11:20 PM · Permalink · Report

I'd like to help out. PM sent.

chirinea (47504) on 6/11/2009 12:27 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start beetle120 wrote--]My gmail address is the same as my user name here. [/Q --end beetle120 wrote--] Ditto, add me, please.

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 6/11/2009 3:35 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Great, so we presently have 9 editors signed up for the shared spreadsheet. No reason to slow down now.

I've migrated all of the old text lists into the spreadsheet. Further, I have begun to populate a few more (like Wii) with known missing Barbie games (need to address the most important titles).

Foxhack (32102) on 6/11/2009 4:48 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Multimedia Mike wrote--]Barbie [/Q --end Multimedia Mike wrote--]AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

Indra was here (20756) on 6/11/2009 6:26 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Kitsune Sniper wrote--] [Q2 --start Multimedia Mike wrote--]Barbie [/Q2 --end Multimedia Mike wrote--]AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH [/Q --end Kitsune Sniper wrote--] I propose a motion that Barbie games are deemed to be politically incorrect for MobyGames or be subject to the "Games Unfit for Male Ego Consumption Warning" game group.

Along with ponies, poodles, pink polka dots and extremly cute and cuddly stuffed toys. :p

Tracy Poff (2094) on 6/11/2009 5:10 AM · Permalink · Report

One coordination issue: there are quite a few games with a note saying they might be AKAs for other games. I verified that one of them, Super B.C. Kid was indeed just an AKA, so I removed it from the list. It seems like this could cause some confusion, though, if the AKA hadn't already been in the database. So, a question to everyone: should we just strikethrough the ones that have been added/otherwise-dealt-with until the changes are in the database in order to prevent any misunderstandings, or should we have another sheet or something? Or maybe I should just not worry about it.

What do you think?

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 6/11/2009 5:22 AM · Permalink · Report

I have wondered the same thing. I don't have a strong opinion either way.

Anyone else?

Foxhack (32102) on 6/11/2009 6:21 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Strikethrough works. You can also insert a comment by right-clicking on a cell and choosing uh, "Insert Comment". I plan to use that a lot.

Edit: Nintendo's list of official FDS games has been added. This does not include the Hacker International (unlicensed) games. I only added the list, we still have to check if the games are already on the database, and if they are, we only have to add the relevant release info.

Sciere (927131) on 6/11/2009 3:26 PM · Permalink · Report

Yes, I prefer strikethrough as well, that way we avoid duplicate research.

Alaka (105836) on 6/11/2009 5:44 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Maybe it will be a good idea to add pending to the games that are waiting to still be approved. This way if anyone uses these list, it will help cut down on duplicate entries being submitted.

vedder (70685) on 6/11/2009 6:13 PM · Permalink · Report

Added CD-i titles. I think it's a pretty comprehensive list. I doubt there's more than a handful missing.

BdR (7206) on 12/31/2009 12:22 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Speaking of official lists, can't we use this list too? (long list so it's a lot of work, i know)

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/gameslist/manuals/completeoldgameslist.pdf

btw Aqua GT for PlayStation was added, no screenshots yet though..

PolloDiablo (16853) on 6/11/2009 6:09 PM · Permalink · Report

I'll create a new Google account for this and contact you tomorrow.

Scaryfun (20378) on 6/12/2009 6:49 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Multimedia Mike wrote--] Going forward, I hope to use it to track game releases, i.e., when all the new games come out on Tuesday, we record the titles along with that Tuesday date. [/Q --end Multimedia Mike wrote--] This would be great, especially for platforms where games may fall between the cracks and be hard to find in the future like for Windows, Browser, or Mobile platforms where there is no authoritative source of all releases.

Anyways, I keep some lists of various old platforms that I can add to spreadsheet as well. I'll pm you my gmail account. It would be good if people could sign up for specific platforms that they'll contribute to and a source for the games listed so different people aren't checking the same infos at the same time.

chirinea (47504) on 6/12/2009 3:08 PM · Permalink · Report

That's one of the best avatars ever!

Scaryfun (20378) on 6/15/2009 11:16 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start chirinea wrote--]That's one of the best avatars ever! [/Q --end chirinea wrote--] Hehe, thanks. I used to see those parts falling in my dreams when I was hooked on it. :D

Spenot (8592) on 6/12/2009 8:46 AM · Permalink · Report

Count me in too, PM sent.

Parf (7873) on 6/12/2009 6:31 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I don't have Gmail myself, but if I see a game on the list that's already been added I'll PM you instead. Hope that works?

ps. one of the beloved Barbie games for example: Detective Barbie: The Mystery Cruise for the psx. ;)

I also have T.R.A.G.: Mission of Mercy pending for approval at the moment.

I also have Coaster Works for Dreamcast, but I have yet to submit it.

Ummm... there might be more, but i'll just have to get back to you on that. :)

Alaka (105836) on 6/12/2009 7:15 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Parf wrote--]I don't have Gmail myself, but if I see a game on the list that's already been added I'll PM you instead. Hope that works?

ps. one of the beloved Barbie games for example: Detective Barbie: The Mystery Cruise for the psx. ;)

I also have T.R.A.G.: Mission of Mercy pending for approval at the moment.

I also have Coaster Works for Dreamcast, but I have yet to submit it.

Ummm... there might be more, but i'll just have to get back to you on that. :) [/Q --end Parf wrote--]

I added a strikethrough for Detective Barbie and made a note that your T.R.A.G. submission is currently pending.

Parf (7873) on 6/13/2009 6:14 PM · Permalink · Report

Cool! Thanks. :)

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (93195) on 6/13/2009 7:52 PM · Permalink · Report

I also don't have a gmail account, but I do have a game pending: PS1 All Star Boxing (under the US title "Boxing")

Well, and a whole bunch of Japanese games that nobody else would submit anyway :)

Parf (7873) on 6/14/2009 10:44 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start djsquarewave wrote--]Well, and a whole bunch of Japanese games that nobody else would submit anyway :) [/Q --end djsquarewave wrote--]

Don't be too sure about that... ;)

Foxhack (32102) on 6/15/2009 2:07 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Parf wrote--] [Q2 --start djsquarewave wrote--]Well, and a whole bunch of Japanese games that nobody else would submit anyway :) [/Q2 --end djsquarewave wrote--]

Don't be too sure about that... ;) [/Q --end Parf wrote--]Definitely, you're not the only one with Japanese knowledge here.

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (93195) on 6/16/2009 5:29 AM · Permalink · Report

Oh, right, I forgot that there's no such thing as "crap nobody cares about" here. Though, if someone else ends up submitting something before me, at least that saves me the trouble of writing a description. :)

Parf (7873) on 6/16/2009 7:27 AM · Permalink · Report

Haha... that's the part I'm the worst at myself too. Those dreaded descriptions! :)

Havoc Crow (29800) on 6/19/2009 5:54 AM · Permalink · Report

I'm not sure if I understood the point of the spreadsheet correctly, but. Any chance we could get Atari 8-Bit on this list? I'd be able to add at least a handful of Atari games.

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 6/19/2009 1:30 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start JudgeDeadd wrote--]I'm not sure if I understood the point of the spreadsheet correctly, but. Any chance we could get Atari 8-Bit on this list? I'd be able to add at least a handful of Atari games. [/Q --end JudgeDeadd wrote--] Absolutely acceptable. Go for it. Just add a new worksheet (between Windows 3.x and CD-i) and start adding games.

Havoc Crow (29800) on 6/19/2009 2:20 PM · Permalink · Report

What if a game was released for multiple platforms?

vedder (70685) on 6/19/2009 2:43 PM · Permalink · Report

Add it to every list, but in the comments note that for which other platforms it is available as well.

Havoc Crow (29800) on 6/22/2009 5:04 PM · Permalink · Report

Okay, I just went through my collection of old magazines and added every single unlisted game I could find. Whew! Quite a lot of work.

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 6/23/2009 4:15 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start JudgeDeadd wrote--]Whew! Quite a lot of work. [/Q --end JudgeDeadd wrote--] And much appreciated. Thanks!

PolloDiablo (16853) on 7/15/2009 11:57 AM · Permalink · Report

Good idea, I came across a few when I was adding mobyranks a while ago. I dig them up once again and add the missing games to the spreadsheet. :)

Havoc Crow (29800) on 7/15/2009 10:02 AM · Permalink · Report

Is it possible to pin this thread or something like that, so that it doesn't slip into oblivion? Or maybe put a link to the spreadsheet somewhere around MobyGames?

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 7/15/2009 1:25 PM · Permalink · Report

I don't think a link alone would help. If no one uses the thread for some period of time, it becomes locked automatically (I think that's how it works).

vedder (70685) on 7/15/2009 5:59 PM · Permalink · Report

The approver forum has sticky posts, so that should do the trick. Might still get locked, but at least the post will keep on top.

Sciere (927131) on 7/15/2009 6:01 PM · Permalink · Report

Good one, it's a sticky now.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 7/16/2009 12:23 PM · Permalink · Report

Can somebody clue me in on what exactly a sticky thread is ?

formercontrib (157526) on 7/16/2009 12:49 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]Can somebody clue me in on what exactly a sticky thread is ? [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]

When it's sticked it will be stand permanently on top of the 1st page in this forum category, so even if no new replies for days, weeks, months will happen, the thread will stand on the top of the 1st page ... so it won't be forgotten or closed automatically after a while...

Xoleras (66143) on 7/16/2009 1:41 PM · Permalink · Report

Actually, it get closed automatically too, like ordinary threads. ;)

vedder (70685) on 7/16/2009 3:07 PM · Permalink · Report

So, whatever you do. Don't. stop. talking.

BdR (7206) on 7/19/2009 9:44 PM · Permalink · Report

This spreadsheet is a great idea, I've added three games that are in this sheet:

Ray Tracers (playstation, already approved), Charge 'n Blast (dreamcast, pending), Tetris Party (wii, pending)

Alaka (105836) on 7/20/2009 12:35 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Bas de Reuver wrote--]This spreadsheet is a great idea, I've added three games that are in this sheet:

Ray Tracers (playstation, already approved), Charge 'n Blast (dreamcast, pending), Tetris Party (wii, pending) [/Q --end Bas de Reuver wrote--]

I updated the spreadsheets with your contributions.

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 7/25/2009 11:13 PM · Permalink · Report

Check this out:

New Google Spreadsheet tracking all iPhone/iPod Touch games.

I'm still deciding how to organize this exactly. It will remain aggressively updated since I've devised a way to automatically crawl the app store and update this spreadsheet. I'm not sure about merging it into the main missing games spreadsheet -- 13,000 rows is already pushing the limits of Google's web spreadsheet program (I can't sort the data; there's too much of it).

Sure, there are more than 13,000 titles that are categorized as "Games" in the store. But there is a huge number of lite/free demo versions of games that we agreed will not get their own records in MobyGames. Plus, there are titles that shouldn't have gotten into this category ("101+ Bar Jokes" and "2cute - cute pictures of kittens puppies foods bunnies hamsters and other kawaii things" come to mind).

Sciere (927131) on 7/25/2009 11:14 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Impressive! Great to keep as a resource over time. For the iPhone submitters, maybe you could mark, or include a separate column (prize), the games that are given away for free. That makes it quick to find (cheap) new game submissions.

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 7/26/2009 12:03 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Sciere wrote--]Impressive! Great to keep as a resource over time. For the iPhone submitters, maybe you could mark, or include a separate column (prize), the games that are given away for free. That makes it quick to find (cheap) new game submissions. [/Q --end Sciere wrote--] The easiest way to do this is search for "free", "demo", or "lite" (but not "sale" because that merely implies reduced price) and find items that aren't scratched out.

I'm using the leftmost column to track game status. The legend is:

• o = unentered (default state)
  • x = legitimate game entered into MobyGames
  • d = free/demo/lite version
  • n = not a game at all
  • a = alternate title (example: Flight of the Amazon Queen has 6 separate versions for different languages)

I eventually need to put this legend onto the spreadsheet. Not sure of the best way yet. I also need to stipulate that the release date is not authoritative; it only reflects the date of the latest app update when the app was first crawled.

Question for spreadsheet gurus: How do I sum the number of x's, d's, etc. in that leftmost column? Found it-- the function I want is COUNTIF.

I still have more iPhone App Store tricks in store to help us keep up.

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 7/26/2009 12:07 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Multimedia Mike wrote--]Check this out:

New Google Spreadsheet tracking all iPhone/iPod Touch games.[/Q --end Multimedia Mike wrote--] Goodness, that URL downloads 7.5 MB to your poor web browser.

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (93195) on 7/28/2009 6:11 AM · Permalink · Report

I don't have Gmail or a Google ID or anything, but here's a list of every Japanese-released Genesis/Megadrive game that's missing from the database right now, with publishers, release dates, and foreign AKAs where applicable:

link

Stuff that's indented is stuff I have pending at the moment. I can readily provide just about anything apart from a description for most of these titles. :)

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 7/28/2009 6:23 AM · Permalink · Report

You don't need a Google ID specifically (in fact, I am just using my normal, non-Gmail account to manage this spreadsheet). Just send me your normal email address.

All help is appreciated.

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 8/8/2009 2:41 PM · Permalink · Report

Have to keep this thread alive...

A few things I have been working on: iOpenAppStoreMetaData, a more efficient way to track iPhone games.

Also, I finally dumped my game tracking spreadsheet (maintained in OpenOffice) into Google Docs for all to see. It's a great, simple way to track a large game collection (and its entry status into MobyGames) and share (brag about) the information with others. :-)

Foxhack (32102) on 8/8/2009 6:35 PM · Permalink · Report

Is there any way for us to get a copy of this spreadsheet for our own use? :p

DJP Mom (11333) on 8/8/2009 9:23 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Kitsune Sniper wrote--]Is there any way for us to get a copy of this spreadsheet for our own use? :p [/Q --end Kitsune Sniper wrote--] Try clicking the link :)

Foxhack (32102) on 8/8/2009 9:49 PM · Permalink · Report

I did. I can't do anything but read it. I just wanted a template because I'm lazy. :(

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 8/9/2009 3:18 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Kitsune Sniper wrote--]Is there any way for us to get a copy of this spreadsheet for our own use? :p [/Q --end Kitsune Sniper wrote--] There really isn't anything special to it. Just create a new spreadsheet in Google Docs, type the column titles in the top row for whatever attributes you are trying to track, highlight the top row and bold it (just for effect), and move the top bar down below the first row in order to "freeze" the header row.

Then, start filling in data. Create more worksheets for different consoles and set up each worksheet similar to the first.

I don't know much about spreadsheets, but this is how I set up mine. I wouldn't even know where to begin with a template.

Foxhack (32102) on 8/12/2009 7:25 AM · Permalink · Report

Well, I kinda started mine. You can see it here. There's not much there right now, but I intend to track any shareware stuff I add to the database.

Indra was here (20756) on 8/12/2009 10:26 AM · Permalink · Report

A bit off topic, but what is the "life period" of a sticky? Wouldn't want interested parties to accidentally kill this thread because we forgot to post.

Sciere (927131) on 8/12/2009 3:25 PM · Permalink · Report

No idea, just keep posting to be sure ...

Xoleras (66143) on 8/15/2009 2:15 AM · Permalink · Report

Probably not less then not-a-sticky. :P

A normal thread closes after 2 months of inactivity.

MZ per X (3017) on 8/21/2009 12:29 PM · Permalink · Report

Should we track free MMO games in your list? There's a real danger that many of these will pass us by, as for example Sigmastorm 1 which doesn't accept new users any more.

The games would belong mostly to the Browser platform, but some to Windows/Linux, too, if there's a client install needed.

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 8/22/2009 4:54 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Erkenbrand wrote--]Should we track free MMO games in your list? There's a real danger that many of these will pass us by, as for example Sigmastorm 1 which doesn't accept new users any more.

The games would belong mostly to the Browser platform, but some to Windows/Linux, too, if there's a client install needed. [/Q --end Erkenbrand wrote--] Go for it.

MZ per X (3017) on 8/23/2009 1:06 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks, I added a separate multi-platform sheet for MMO games, and entered the first 10 games I could quickly find from clicking on Moby Ads. :o)

It's multi-platform because it's not only Browser and I wouldn't want to spam the regular platform sheets with it.

Comments? Suggestions?

Pseudo_Intellectual (66274) on 8/24/2009 3:41 PM · Permalink · Report

There's a real danger that many of these will pass us by

By all means, prioritize them!

for example Sigmastorm 1 which doesn't accept new users any more.

The trick there I suppose would be finding an existing user or developer to write an entry for us 8)

MZ per X (3017) on 8/24/2009 5:30 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--]By all means, prioritize them![/Q --end Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--]I will, but all help is appreciated. Just pick a game from the MMO sheet and add your name to it to avoid double work.

[Q --start Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--]The trick there I suppose would be finding an existing user or developer to write an entry for us 8)[/Q --end Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--]I tried another trick first and inquired to the developers for granting me a fresh account named "MobyGamer". :o) 5 days and no answer yet, though.

But for dead games we'll have to try harder, and your suggestion is a good one.

Foxhack (32102) on 8/24/2009 5:35 PM · Permalink · Report

Some of these MMORPGs are kinda hard to get to run. I tried that Pirates of the Caribbean one a while back and it refused to run. I think it wanted to run the game from the browser. D:

MZ per X (3017) on 10/10/2009 11:22 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Erkenbrand wrote--]I tried another trick first and inquired to the developers for granting me a fresh account named "MobyGamer". :o) 5 days and no answer yet, though.[/Q --end Erkenbrand wrote--] My request was respectfully put down.

Next, I signed up at Sigmastorm II and posted a help message to other users in the forum. I was banned immediately from forums and game.

Seems that the developers don't know or understand MobyGames. But giving up is not on my list. :-D

PolloDiablo (16853) on 9/2/2009 9:22 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Hmmmm I've lost my password for the gmail account I used and I see several of the games I added to the spreadsheet have since been submitted and accepted on the website, but not removed or marked done in the spreadsheet... e.g. Sherlock vs Jack the Ripper, Dragon Quest V Heavenly Bride and Toy Shop. Shall I create yet another gmail address to join again? I do think I have more games to contribute.

Alaka (105836) on 9/2/2009 10:15 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start PolloDiablo wrote--]Hmmmm I've lost my password for the gmail account I used and I see several of the games I added to the spreadsheet have since been submitted and accepted on the website, but not removed or marked done in the spreadsheet... e.g. Sherlock vs Jack the Ripper, Dragon Quest V Heavenly Bride and Toy Shop. Shall I create yet another gmail address to join again? I do think I have more games to contribute. [/Q --end PolloDiablo wrote--]

I updated the list with those games you mentioned.

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 9/3/2009 6:13 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start PolloDiablo wrote--] Shall I create yet another gmail address to join again? I do think I have more games to contribute. [/Q --end PolloDiablo wrote--] Any email address works. It need not be a Gmail account.

PolloDiablo (16853) on 9/3/2009 9:53 AM · Permalink · Report

Cool. PM sent. Again. :-D (and thanks, Alaka!)

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (93195) on 11/7/2009 10:35 PM · Permalink · Report

PM sent, since I'd like to get in on some hot megadrive action here.

In the meantime, I added Dangerous Seed a while back, and Quad Challenge is pending. :)

Parf (7873) on 11/7/2009 10:45 PM · Permalink · Report

I've added Air Hockey for Ps1, so that one can be removed... I also have EVO's Space Adventure (also Ps1) sitting here waiting for me to be less lazy and actually submit it.

Alaka (105836) on 11/18/2009 5:26 PM · Permalink · Report

I crossed out Dangerous Seed, Quad Challenge and Air Hockey. Keep em coming, :)

BdR (7206) on 11/30/2009 8:09 PM · Permalink · Report

Looking at the main page "Plane Crazy" was just updated.. Wasn't that game also released for the PlayStation?

Also in the category "Air racing games" there are more Playstation games missing, "Bravo Air Race", "Air Race", "Recipro Heat 5000" and "Air Race Championship". Though, some of those might be the same game, only released under different titles in different regions.

vedder (70685) on 11/30/2009 9:13 PM · Permalink · Report

I was looking into the PlayStation version of Plane Crazy a while back when I found a review of it in Power Unlimited. But from what I and the approver that handled my submission (forgot who) could find the PlayStation version was never released. With Power Unlimited's tendency to review preview copies, that's not too unlikely.

Ben K (23952) on 12/13/2009 12:38 PM · Permalink · Report

I think I just finished adding to the list every Game Boy Advance game we don't have that starts with the letter 'A'. Please use this resource or I will cry.

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (93195) on 1/1/2010 9:05 AM · Permalink · Report

Mike, I never heard back from you about getting added to the access for this. :( In the meantime, I've been continuing to chip away at missing Megadrive stuff. Less than 50 Japanese releases left to document, and I'm still keeping my list of those up to date with what's pending. Lots of sports and strategy games missing, but there's also a handful of shooters mixed in there. Maybe I'll finally get around to those, but the hardest part of those is finding the story without having a manual handy. =|

My goal is to get the rest of these documented by the end of this coming year!

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 1/1/2010 9:16 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start djsquarewave wrote--]Mike, I never heard back from you about getting added to the access for this.[/Q --end djsquarewave wrote--] You have editing access to the spreadsheet according to the email you PM'd me some time ago. When I added you, the system should have sent you an automated email.

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (93195) on 1/2/2010 1:10 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Multimedia Mike wrote--] You have editing access to the spreadsheet according to the email you PM'd me some time ago. When I added you, the system should have sent you an automated email. [/Q --end Multimedia Mike wrote--] An email, eh? No wonder I never knew, I check my email once every six months or so. :P Anyway, I've been able to get in, and added a bunch of stuff to the Genesis list. I welcome any assistance in getting the rest of the system's library documented...

Masa♥Yuki (3080) on 1/23/2010 5:29 AM · Permalink · Report

Hello all, newbie speaking ;) Ummm...I think I'm a little late... =( Anyway, if anybody's still listening, I'd like to join! I notice a few games missing from the missing game list. I'll make a Google account with the same name as my user name.

PolloDiablo (16853) on 2/24/2010 12:10 PM · Permalink · Report

Just making sure the thread doesn't get locked. Nothing to see here, please move along.

Klaster_1 (57612) on 2/27/2010 11:47 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Someone with access to spreadsheet, please mark Кодекс войны: Золотое издание as added. It was added long time ago.

Also, I could add some russian titles there, but doubt they will ever be added to MG.

Havoc Crow (29800) on 2/27/2010 12:24 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Klaster_1 wrote--]spreadshit [/Q --end Klaster_1 wrote--] EXCUSE ME?!

EDIT: Oh, you fixed it already. Hardcore!

Klaster_1 (57612) on 2/28/2010 3:29 AM · Permalink · Report

Fail.

MZ per X (3017) on 2/28/2010 7:40 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Klaster_1 wrote--] Also, I could add some russian titles there, but doubt they will ever be added to MG. [/Q --end Klaster_1 wrote--] Oh, I think they will be at some point. We have quite some Russians here, and many of those obscure titles see a German or English release later. I've even added two of those myself.

Foxhack (32102) on 2/28/2010 6:17 PM · Permalink · Report

Cheapo budget game publishers love Russian games.

Klaster_1 (57612) on 2/28/2010 8:06 PM · Permalink · Report

Okay, maybe later.

vedder (70685) on 2/28/2010 8:34 PM · Permalink · Report

Crossed off some more CD-i titles.

Starbuck the Third (22608) on 4/1/2010 7:02 PM · Permalink · Report

[q] If you would like to help (and I know several of you do), PM me with your Google ID (same as Gmail address, if you have one). [/q]

OK, i dont have a Gmail account, but I do have a stink load of Xbox 360 and XBLA games that i will never get round to adding, that i know are not on MobyGames, so shall i PM them to you or what?

PS if the answer is somewhere in this post i apologize for overlooking it.

Zeppin (8406) on 4/1/2010 7:07 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start havoc of smeg wrote--]OK, i dont have a Gmail account, but I do have a stink load of Xbox 360 and XBLA games that i will never get round to adding, that i know are not on MobyGames, so shall i PM them to you or what?

PS if the answer is somewhere in this post i apologize for overlooking it. [/Q --end havoc of smeg wrote--] Multimedia Mike appears to be taking a bit of a break from the database, recently. You can PM the list to me, along with any additional information about the games that you feel should be included, and I'll add them at the next possibility.

Starbuck the Third (22608) on 4/1/2010 7:18 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Sent. Cheers for that.

EDIT: forza 3 is pending, so that can be scratched.

ZenicReverie (2132) on 4/14/2010 3:10 PM · Permalink · Report

Here's a list of media I have scanned, but there's no game listing on MobyGames yet.

I don't remember enough about any of these titles to describe them in detail, so I'm hoping mentioning them here will bring them to mind of for someone else. Mostly it's just the disks/tape/cartridges. A few are mentioned on other systems, but I don't know the release date or developer for any of them. If someone adds these, then I can upload the scans.

Apple II 5" disk

A Stellar Trek, Aliencounter & Face Flash, Alien Lander, Ankh, Arcade Machine, Baron [keep case only], Classic Games-May1987, Escape, Fantavision, Fly Wars, Force 7 [box as well], Free Fall, Galactic Empire, Galactic Revolution, Galactic Trader, Hadron, Laser Bounce, Mabel's Mansion, Millionaire [keep case as well], Millionaire II [box only], Mr. Robot and His Robot Factory, M.U.L.E. [box only], MyChess II [box only], Pinball Games, Sesame Street Learning Library Vol 1 (Compilation of Astro-Grover, Ernie's Magic Shapers, Big Bird's Special Delivery), Shadowkeep [box as well], Shapes Opposites, Space Album, Spellicopter, Spotlight, Squire, Strategy Simulation, Tawala's Last Redoubt, Thief, Tubeway II, War Games (2 games, not titled on disk), Writer Rabbit, Xyphus

Apple IIGS

Game Maker, Instant Music, Nite Owl Journal, Sesame Street Learning Library Vol 1 (Compilation of Astro-Grover, Ernie's Magic Shapers, Big Bird's Special Delivery), Stickybear Reading [box as well], Strategic Conquest, Think Quick! [box as well], Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego [box as well],

TRS-80

3D Tic-Tac-Toe, Android Nim, Backgammon, Blackjack, Bridge Challenger, Buzzword, Dungeon Campaign, Gamepac 1, Gamepac 2, Hamurabi, Haunted House, Magic Isle, Pollution, Pro Football, Pyramid 2000, Quick, Watson!, Sargon, SCI-FI Games Sampler, Slot Machine, Software-80 #1002 (Compilation of Startrek I, UFO Attack, Cue-Ball), Software-80 #1010 (Compilation of Civil War, Sub Chase, Horse Race), Space Trek II, Star Trek III, Super Othello, Tic-Tac-Toe

Apple Tape

Air Traffic Controller,
Apple Barrel Tape, Apple Lis'ner, Astrosub, Biorythm, Breakout, Bridge Challenger, Color Organ, Escape, Fastgammon, Forte', Game Playing with Basic, Global War, Journey, Jupiter Express, Maze Game, Sargon, Screen Machine, Sideshow, Space Maze, Starwars, Stimulating Simulations, Strategy Games (5 games, not listed on the tape), Tic Tac Toe, U-Draw, Wozpak II

Atari Cartridge

Astro-Grover, Coconotes, Music Composer

Atari Disk

Grandma's House, Tink Tonk

Atari Tape

Scram

DOS

the Humans: Insult to Injury (expansion pack for original the Humans) [box only]

DJP Mom (11333) on 4/14/2010 4:02 PM · Permalink · Report

Tink Tonk, as in Mercer Mayer?

ZenicReverie (2132) on 4/14/2010 4:40 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DJP Mom wrote--]Tink Tonk, as in Mercer Mayer? [/Q --end DJP Mom wrote--] Yeah, looks like it. I don't have the disk image in front of me, but I believe it was this game:

Tink! Tonk! Tinka's Mazes

Although there's a whole slew of missing games judging from the wikipedia entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bibliography_of_Mercer_Mayer#Mercer_Mayer_Computer_Software

vedder (70685) on 4/28/2010 8:16 AM · Permalink · Report

As you'll be able to see in the CD-i tab. There's only 9 known CD-i titles missing in the Moby database! Quite impossible to find much about them on the web though :(

Parf (7873) on 4/29/2010 8:29 AM · Permalink · Report

I just wanted to mention that anyone with access can remove Evo's Space Adventures from the list, as it ended up being included with the N64 version (which has a different name but is the same game).

Alaka (105836) on 4/29/2010 7:55 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Parf wrote--]I just wanted to mention that anyone with access can remove Evo's Space Adventures from the list, as it ended up being included with the N64 version (which has a different name but is the same game). [/Q --end Parf wrote--]

I crossed it out.

Parf (7873) on 4/29/2010 8:35 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks! :)

SharkD (425) on 5/27/2010 4:26 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Here are some missing RPGs:

Avernum 6 (2009, Spiderweb Software)

Geneforge 5: Overthrow (2009, Spiderweb Software)

Nethergate: Resurrection (2007, Spiderweb Software)

SharkD (425) on 5/27/2010 5:45 AM · Permalink · Report

Some online RPGs:

Total Influence (http://tionline.ru/)

Strugarden (http://www.strugarden.info/)

Rola (8485) on 5/27/2010 7:53 PM · Permalink · Report

^^ Remember to specify platforms next time.

Quatra Command (shooter, 1994, DOE Entertainment, Windows 3.1, USA)

SharkD (425) on 5/30/2010 12:02 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Return to Krondor (1998, PC, Sierra)

Styrateg (2007, PC, Rake in Grass)

Patrick Bregger (298879) on 5/30/2010 12:47 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start SharkD wrote--]Return to Krondor (1998, PC, Sierra) [/Q --end SharkD wrote--] Raymond E. Feist's Return to Krondor

SharkD (425) on 5/31/2010 3:30 AM · Permalink · Report

Oops. Sorry!

SharkD (425) on 6/11/2010 6:26 AM · Permalink · Report

Star Wolves 3: Civil War (2010, PC, 1C Company)