Forums > MobyGames > How are you treating your garden?

chirinea (47495) on 12/24/2009 6:22 AM · Permalink · Report

So this is Christmas, and what have you done? Specifically, what have you done to your garden?

"What garden, you silly?" is the question that pops in your mind. Well, I myself like to think of my contributions here in MobyGames as a garden. I see MobyGames as this huge portion of land which some cool guys have lent us to grow our gardens. They said "be fruitful and multiply, bring forth abundantly in Mobygames". And so I do. I like to visit my entries after approved and see how beautiful they came to be. After that, I like to visit them every once in a while, to see how they are growing. Sometimes I water them myself, contributing a missing piece of info here or there. And I'm proud when I see other people doing the same. So I suddenly see that a new branch is growing where before there was nothing. Maybe people are discussing that particular game on its forum, sometimes telling bad things about it. But that doesn't matter, as it just makes the garden more beautiful and colorful.

I also like visiting other people's gardens. I like to see them grow too, as I see everyone here in MobyGames as brothers who care for their father's land and are making their best to make it fruitful. But I know that, sometimes, it is hard to keep caring for our gardens, as other aspects of our lives demand attention too. So we sometimes leave our gardens to their own fate. But that's just for a while, 'cause we're always back to it. At least I am.

And how about you, how are you treating your garden?

The Fabulous King (1332) on 12/24/2009 6:50 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I think I'm about to overcome the scars of my rpg article. Felt inspired to do a review or a two. Perhaps in January.

I remember how I thought I found a nice untouched ground in fall 2008. Free korean mmorpgs. So I was playing them, and trying to add them and I just couldn't get past the description.

I kept writing: "It's a mmorpg. You walk around, kill stuff. Collect loot. God, this is so sad. Jesus, Mary and St.Joseph. You click with your mouse on monsters and watch some animations. I wanna die. Please God kill me. You have these ridiculous costumes and you have to kill a lot of monsters to gain a lot of pointless levels and pointless money to buy new costumes because they're so god damn expensive and level-restricted!!! Die korean mmorpg, die!!! I'm gonna commit suicide now. Goodbye." Over and over again. So that kinda didn't go well. Now these games have been added of course by others, but no screenshots I think. I might have a few screenshots still left.

Anyway, yeah. Perhaps going to do couple of reviews in the near future.

mobygamer (92) on 12/24/2009 8:40 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Rabbi Guru wrote--]I think I'm about to overcome the scars of my rpg article. Felt inspired to do a review or a two. Perhaps in January.

I remember how I thought I found a nice untouched ground in fall 2008. Free korean mmorpgs. So I was playing them, and trying to add them and I just couldn't get past the description.

I kept writing: "It's a mmorpg. You walk around, kill stuff. Collect loot. God, this is so sad. Jesus, Mary and St.Joseph. You click with your mouse on monsters and watch some animations. I wanna die. Please God kill me. You have these ridiculous costumes and you have to kill a lot of monsters to gain a lot of pointless levels and pointless money to buy new costumes because they're so god damn expensive and level-restricted!!! Die korean mmorpg, die!!! I'm gonna commit suicide now. Goodbye." Over and over again. So that kinda didn't go well. Now these games have been added of course by others, but no screenshots I think. I might have a few screenshots still left.

Anyway, yeah. Perhaps going to do couple of reviews in the near future. [/Q --end Rabbi Guru wrote--] There are mmorpgs that have in-game bots and therefore they level by themselves, sell inventory items by themselves etc.

Example: http://mmohut.com/review/chaos-online

There are also some "unique" ones.

Turn-based(you hate console rpgs right? ;=} ) http://mmohut.com/review/atlantica-online

You control a party http://mmohut.com/review/sword-of-the-new-world

Blend of RTS & TCG http://mmohut.com/review/battleforge

Combination of RPG, RTS and FPS http://mmohut.com/review/savage-2

etc etc there are also MMORPG that revolve around racing :)

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 12/24/2009 8:23 AM · Permalink · Report

And how about you, how are you treating your garden?

Dude, that was a beautiful speech, seriously! Merry Christmas! :)

As for my "gardens"... well, in true Christmas spirit, I've submitted some very nice hentai gardens lately. And those gardens are a lot like the Garden of Eden before the original sin, you know what I'm saying? Nobody is surprised to see a naked woman walking around :)

I look back at those entries and see that nobody knows anything about them but myself and a couple of Japanese dudes who don't care squat for MobyGames. So it's just me. The Lone Hentai Gardener. Amen.

St. Martyne (3648) on 12/24/2009 7:26 PM · Permalink · Report

OK, can we now change the "rap sheet" thing? Our games aren't criminals, they're gardens, beautiful and fruitful.

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 12/25/2009 4:29 AM · Permalink · Report

So you are not a saint any more, but a doctor? Hmm... :)

Luis Silva (13443) on 12/24/2009 8:20 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I have something like five games to add. I've lost track on how many covers I have that are missing on file, too.