🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > MobyGames > Fairchild Channel F

vedder (70822) on 6/10/2010 2:59 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Is it just me or did we just reach 100% game coverage on this? If so, my congratulations to ALAKA who completed our collection of Channel F games recently with great entries with possibly some of the tiniest screenshots on MobyGames!

So ALAKA, set your eyes on another platform already?

Servo (57070) on 6/10/2010 3:13 PM · Permalink · Report

I think we did, awesome!

Yes, those shots are definitely small; I been thinking maybe we should make an exception and have them doubled or even trippled. Been a while since I've seen one of these things in action, but if I recall a single pixel ended up spanning like 3 scan lines or something ridiculous.

Alaka (106107) on 6/10/2010 5:52 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks for noticing vedder and a big thanks to Servo for his timely approvals of those entries.

As for it being complete, well there may be some things that may need to be added. I think someone may have made a homebrew cart for Pac-Man plus I think there's a demo-cart that just has the Hockey game on it. Plus there may be some non-US games too, but I was mainly concerned filling in the official US releases for the time being.

Also I was wondering, shouldn't Hockey and Tennis be on an entry like Fairchild Channel F (plus included games)?

Anyway, as for other platforms, I'm gonna try to fill in some more missing SNES games(would be Genesis too, but djsquarewave seems to be doing a great job at that:D, and try to fill in some more missing SNES and Genesis screenshots. But, I'm starting to become more fascinated with the early era of videogames and may start doing more game entries for early computer/console games. Only time will tell.

So once again thanks guys and also a thanks to the other contributors who helped to fill in this platform.

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (95185) on 6/10/2010 7:42 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start ALAKA wrote--]would be Genesis too, but djsquarewave seems to be doing a great job at that :D [/Q --end ALAKA wrote--] I've been slacking on this actually. :( I was hoping to have that wrapped up by now, but there's still about 40 official releases left.

Great work on the Channel F stuff, I've never seen much of this really early stuff, so it's really interesting for me to see. I was shocked at how tiny the screenshots were.

vedder (70822) on 6/11/2010 7:47 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start ALAKA wrote--]Also I was wondering, shouldn't Hockey and Tennis be on an entry like Fairchild Channel F (plus included games)?[/Q --end ALAKA wrote--]

If we want to stay consistent, then yes it should.

Игги Друге (46653) on 6/11/2010 3:31 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start vedder wrote--]Is it just me or did we just reach 100% game coverage on this? If so, my congratulations to ALAKA who completed our collection of Channel F games recently with great entries with possibly some of the tiniest screenshots on MobyGames! [/Q --end vedder wrote--]

You missed Tetris and Pacman. Pac-man is probably the most impressive game ever on that platform. Chess seems to be missing, too.