🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > MobyGames > How to add new release information?

Manfred O (57) on 12/8/2010 12:03 PM · Permalink · Report

Hi!

I got a newbie question for you...

I would like to try and contribute something to MG while going through my video game collection, but I'm not sure how to correctly add new release information.

For example the Platinum release of Final Fantasy 9... Should I use the correction wizard and write all information (plus source when available) into the "correction field"?

Or should I use the "release information wizard"? If that's the case, how can I add EAN-13 and the Sony PN numbers?

Thanks, Manfred

Klaster_1 (57612) on 12/8/2010 12:18 PM · Permalink · Report

Is it from PlayStation the Best series? If so, go to FFIX page/contribute/release info (here) and add it. Don't forget to mention in comment something like 'PlayStation the Best series release'.

Sciere (930489) on 12/8/2010 12:23 PM · Permalink · Report

And include a source we can verify for the release date in the comment field.

vedder (70793) on 12/8/2010 12:31 PM · Permalink · Report

You can add the product codes after the release info is approved.

Klaster_1 (57612) on 12/8/2010 12:34 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

He can also add all those platinum releases, which covers we have. And more product codes. Why nobody does that?

Manfred O (57) on 12/8/2010 12:35 PM · Permalink · Report

thanks for the infos!!

I just submitted the release information... I wrote the product code in the justification field (along with some other infos), but i can also add it after the approval.

hope i did it right :)

thanks, Manfred

Manfred O (57) on 12/8/2010 12:56 PM · Permalink · Report

I just saw - I apparently submitted something yesterday for Final Fantasy VIII without knowing???

I'm pretty sure you can ignore / delete that contribution. The Final Fantasy 9 submitted release info from today is the first "real" one :)

Thanks, Manfred

vedder (70793) on 12/8/2010 1:12 PM · Permalink · Report

If you click on your name (at the top-right of the site for example) and the click "Show approval status of items contributed" (near the bottom) you can see exactly what you have pending at this moment.

If there's any item you contributed accidentally, you can click on it and choose "pull from approval queue" and then choose "abandon submission".

Items that are listed under "Work in Progress" category will automatically time out after a certain number of days and nobody can see them but you.

Manfred O (57) on 12/8/2010 2:24 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks guys!!