🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > MobyGames > "Work in Progress" game entries have disappeared.

djindio (1612) on 5/11/2012 4:42 AM · Permalink · Report

2 Japanese PS1 games that I had contributed about 17 days ago were rejected by Unicorn Lynx for not having enough of a Description. After playing though one of the two games I'm ready to add a discription to that one today but both games have now completely disappeared from my "Work in Progress" section?!

What's up with that?

Sciere (930490) on 5/11/2012 7:12 AM · Permalink · Report

Game entries that are left pending on your side are purged from the system if they remain there two weeks. If you want to keep them, you can submit and then pull them back to reset the timer. Unfortunately they probably cannot be recovered now.

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 5/11/2012 7:33 AM · Permalink · Report

...and this is a really, really bad feature. Those who don't like it exploit the trick you mentioned, but mostly innocent people fall victim to it.

Sorry, DJ Indio - I should have warned you about that. Hope you can still re-submit the entries, I'll look at them first thing.

Rola (8483) on 5/11/2012 10:18 AM · Permalink · Report

Since our website does send automatic emails, perhaps a notification should be set up to be issued, say, a day before such work-in-progress submission is purged?

djindio (1612) on 5/11/2012 2:03 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Sciere wrote--]Game entries that are left pending on your side are purged from the system if they remain there two weeks. If you want to keep them, you can submit and then pull them back to reset the timer. Unfortunately they probably cannot be recovered now. [/Q --end Sciere wrote--]

Ah, ok. oh well, now I know. :-)

yenruoj_tsegnol_eht (!!ihsoy) (2599) on 5/11/2012 6:05 PM · Permalink · Report

The only slightly hateful thing is that, anytime anything is «pulled out from the queue» it will go in the rejected contributions area.. :(

vedder (70822) on 5/11/2012 6:42 PM · Permalink · Report

Only if you leave it unattended for more than 14 days.

Rola (8483) on 5/11/2012 7:57 PM · Permalink · Report

Do not confuse pulling out an item from your submissions queue and abandoning a work-in-progress item.

GTramp (81964) on 6/19/2012 7:50 AM · Permalink · Report

I had two of my WIP items disappear in a week. Where's the notification? I remember receiving it earlier (half a year ago maybe). And they don't really disappear, they go to 'rejected', all by themselves. Why so?