Forums > MobyGames > inside covers rejected

jean-louis (76940) on 2/8/2013 6:37 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Hello, this is just for my information.

It seems my inside covers of Odyssey/Videopac cartouches are rejected and since I see others already on file, such as this one (http://www.mobygames.com/game/freedom-fighters_/cover-art/gameCoverId,147794/) I just want to know the reason.

Also note that inside covers of Odyssey/Videopac cartouches show the name of the real publisher, in the lower left corner. The national publishers (such as Radiola La Radiotechnique, S.A. Philips and so on) are new publishers for MobyGames (companies names are still pending) and someone will ask me, one day, for a reliable source for these. Inside covers are quite interesting sources (full name, address), so just use the inside covers I provided to check the company informations I submitted.

chirinea (47495) on 2/8/2013 6:46 AM · Permalink · Report

I approved the front and cartridge scans but left the inside covers pending. I left a comment on the inside scans that I didn't know if we should accept them, because what we call an inside cover for Videopac games are just the back covers of the manuals. It happens, of course, that the front cover of the manual is actually the front of the box.

I wasn't aware of those already approved inside covers (I can't remember if it was me who approved them). Thinking over it, I guess I would be now favorable of approving those, because the Videopac boxes are analogue to jewel cases: the front cover of a jewel case may also be the front cover of the manual, and we sure accept the inside cover of those.

So I, personally, would advise you resubmitting them, but I'd like to know the opinion of other approvers. I'm sorry because it was my comment which caused the rejections, even though it wasn't me who rejected them.

jean-louis (76940) on 2/8/2013 6:59 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start chirinea wrote--] I wasn't aware of those already approved inside covers (I can't remember if it was me who approved them). [/Q --end chirinea wrote--]

Strange thing. I submitted french "Freedom Fighter" covers and the inside cover on file I pointed in the my first post (http://www.mobygames.com/game/freedom-fighters_/cover-art/gameCoverId,147794) comes from another release of "Freedom Fighter". I am sure you checked that before.

[Q --start chirinea wrote--] So I, personally, would advise you resubmitting them, but I'd like to know the opinion of other approvers. I'm sorry because it was my comment which caused the rejections, even though it wasn't me who rejected them. [/Q --end chirinea wrote--]

Nothing personal, Chirinea, I just wanted to know if I waste my time sumitting inside covers. In that case, I will not submit such inside covers any more.

chirinea (47495) on 2/8/2013 8:40 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start jean-louis wrote--] Strange thing. I submitted french "Freedom Fighter" covers and the inside cover on file I pointed in the my first post (http://www.mobygames.com/game/freedom-fighters_/cover-art/gameCoverId,147794) comes from another release of "Freedom Fighter". I am sure you checked that before. [/Q --end jean-louis wrote--] Sorry, I didn't check those covers. Yeah, lazy approver job from my part, I just checked if yours had a good resolution (as you know, I've questioned the quality of your cartridge scans.

[Q --start jean-louis wrote--] Nothing personal, Chirinea, I just wanted to know if I waste my time sumitting inside covers. In that case, I will not submit such inside covers any more. [/Q --end jean-louis wrote--]By all means, you don't waste your time. As I said, I thought about it a bit more and I think we should include those scans. I'll ask some admin to revert the rejection so we can approve the scans you sent. Sorry again for all the trouble.