How much time do you spend in each single session when you play games?

Forum Search  

Adding Steam Games for New Users

CalaisianMindthief (4153) on May 07, 2014

I present you a step-by-step guide to adding Steam games to Mobygames: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F53D1661FF7E44CB!615&authkey=!AEwt9e9cZSXBiKE&ithint=file%2c.pdf. Publishing it here since it never got used. To get the high-res version, just download it. The quick-view version is compressed. All content can be copied and shared / added to wikis or whatever.

Enjoy.

(Edited by CalaisianMindthief (4153), May 07, 2014)

Re: Adding Steam Games for New Users

Sciere (257877) on May 07, 2014

Thanks again, we should list it somewhere prominently, I'll start by making it sticky.

Simon Carless (42) on May 09, 2014

Thanks, sorry this got lost - we were waiting for the mobile goal to be reached before rolling it out, but the mobile goal is taking longer than we thought! :)

[EDIT: I've now posted about this in news, so hopefully people will note it and come contribute!]

(Edited by Simon Carless (42), May 09, 2014)

CalaisianMindthief (4153) on May 09, 2014

No problem, figured there would be no harm if I publish it now. Better to have it available earlier than later. It doesn't lose its value either way, so it can be used for later initiatives with little effort.

Игги Друге (43760) on May 09, 2014

Is the mobile goal counting only iOS and Android?

Cavalary (5545) on May 09, 2014

Apparently, since there are 3850 in total on those 3 platforms at the moment.

Simon Carless (42) on May 09, 2014

Yeah, that is correct. (iPhone, iPad, Android...)

Parf (7314) on May 10, 2014

Suck it Symbian! ;p

Игги Друге (43760) on May 11, 2014

Well, that makes the stated goal in the green banner not quite the truth.

POMAH (34176) on May 13, 2014

suppose that such an approach will lead to incomplete information in release info... we do not need to rely on other sources (such as steam store), but be patient to wait for the game to be owned, its credits/copyright sources to get the full picture... steam does not always show the proper developer / publisher... and I'm not speaking about supporting companies who made outsource testing / cover design / music / voice recording, etc. ...so approvers, please take a closer look to these submissions... we may get a great number of entries, but their quality may be out of reality... thanks. :-)

MediaCult (178) on May 14, 2014

Nice! Great job!

So will there be one for GOG.com too? And the other sites?

Pseudo_Intellectual (44595) on May 14, 2014

One imagines we already have most of the GOG catalogue on file, if not the GOG-specific release of it 8)

Indra is here (19705) on May 14, 2014

Pseudo_Intellectual Wrote:
One imagines we already have most of the GOG catalogue on file, if not the GOG-specific release of it 8)

Yeah, though we still have some technical issues in regards to redundantly repeating the same information over and over again in regards to release info of the same game e.g. yes, it's the same developer for the 1,324th release info. Mention it release info wizard, only when it's different.

P.S. Anyone know what game has the longest release info on file? Only one I know of is when Oliver went berserk with Guild Wars.

Eh? What is Endonesia doing in the 2009 Steam release info? That's highly suspicious. Come to think of it, any release info that includes Endonesia would be highly suspicious, so lemme know if you guys happen to come across it.

(Edited by Indra is here (19705), May 14, 2014)

Cavalary (5545) on May 14, 2014

As far as the more recent games goes, not so much. Quick check, just under A:

Aarklash: Legacy
Anodyne
Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender
Ascendant
Avadon 2: The Corruption
Avernum: The Complete Saga [have the separate games]

(And add 1849 before A too.)

Don't know, that letter may be an exception and not to be extrapolated through the catalog, but anyway...

(Edited by Cavalary (5545), May 14, 2014)

Simon Carless (42) on May 14, 2014

One of the issues is the speed that new games are being added to Steam now - we're doing an article on Gamasutra about it tomorrow actually. A year ago it was maybe 20-30 games a month, now it's 120 games a month or more :) LOTS OF WORK!

Pascal Rosa on May 22, 2014

*spam*

(Edited by Terok Nor (18752), May 22, 2014)

Pascal Rosa on May 22, 2014

*spam*

(Edited by Terok Nor (18752), May 22, 2014)