Forums > MobyGames > Congrats Jo ST, Hydao and JudgeDeadd...

vileyn0id_8088 (21040) on 7/19/2014 3:31 PM · Permalink · Report

....for recently graduating into the 5 digits. :)

Simon Carless (1835) on 7/21/2014 1:22 AM · Permalink · Report

Nice - good job, y'all - we are certainly humming along here!

Opipeuter (17206) on 7/21/2014 10:58 PM · Permalink · Report

Congratulations ^_^

chirinea (47496) on 7/22/2014 2:01 AM · Permalink · Report

Hooray!

Rola (8483) on 7/22/2014 3:25 AM · Permalink · Report

"One small step for a man, one giant leap for MobyGames" - as Confucius used to say.

piltdown_man (234962) on 7/23/2014 11:25 AM · Permalink · Report

You poor things. Now you're hooked and the pursuit of points will be with you always.

Still, apart from the complete lack of a social life, an aversion to daylight, withdrawal symptoms when I'm away from my PC and the addition of several kilos it's done me no harm.

Havoc Crow (29831) on 7/23/2014 9:08 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start piltdown_man wrote--]You poor things. Now you're hooked and the pursuit of points will be with you always. [/Q --end piltdown_man wrote--] Actually, the one thing that convinced me to begin contributing to MobyGames, was that anyone who got 10,000 points would get a news item dedicated solely to them. I was working towards that dream for years. Yay! Now back to work.

Rik Hideto (473490) on 7/23/2014 9:44 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start piltdown_man wrote--]You poor things. Now you're hooked and the pursuit of points will be with you always.

Still, apart from the complete lack of a social life, an aversion to daylight, withdrawal symptoms when I'm away from my PC and the addition of several kilos it's done me no harm. [/Q --end piltdown_man wrote--]

Speak for yourself. :)

But obviously, my so-called social life decreased drastically in the last four years and the main factor is retrogames as I'm trying to "retrieve" all the games I missed between 2000 and 2010. I can't guarantee I'll be an active contributor in the next years though.

And yeah, like JudgeDeadd said... "Back to work". or... Back to HOBBY.

P.S. If you guys promise me that reaching 50.000 points offers a vacation to the Bahamas or something, then yes, I will force myself to be hooked. I have plenty of PS1 and PS2 screenshots (that never saw the light of the day...), so reaching 50.000 shouldn't be a problem. :D

Rola (8483) on 7/24/2014 2:36 AM · Permalink · Report

What?

I'm hanging around with talkative Indonesian guy and Jewish-Russian guy from China, I've invited a Russian guy, I'm arguing with a Swedish guy while Germans want me for a president, chatting with Americans and Brits while getting messages from a Dutch guy and asking for help a Belgian...

That's no social life?

THIS IS SOME CRAZY INTERNATIONAL PARTY! ! ! ! 111one