🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > MobyGames > New developer or name change?

MrMamen (11746) on 6/29/2015 8:28 PM · Permalink · Report

I have found a couple of developers (or rather kickstarter backers) that are spelt incorrectly on the only game they are credited with. Should I replace the credits with new developers with the correctly spelt name, or should I file a correction?

Also in a similar matter I find people who most likely are the same person. (For example they are only credited as backers on one game each, and the only difference is a initial, middlename etc.) Should I use the same or create a new to be sure. I know that it is important for mobygames to make the credits as accurate in form of spelling as possible.

Sciere (930488) on 6/29/2015 8:40 PM · Permalink · Report

A correction will probably quicker to change the name and add the aka. Editing credit listings is slow and tiresome.

We informally agreed not to let Kickstarter backers clutter the database too much. So a person credited to three games can be grouped as a single person, even with a different initial as an aka, but preferably not to existing developers related to actual game development unless they have a unique and distinct name.