🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > MobyGames > Bundled With Hardware DS Trial Games

Ben K (23952) on 6/1/2006 4:57 AM · Permalink · Report

Hi all,

I was just wondering what we would do with DS carts that come bundled with the system. There was Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt that came with the original DS, and my DS lite that I bought today has a demo version of Brain Training: How Old Is Your Brain?. Would these be added to the system somehow (such as new game entries, or cover art scans for the main game entry)?

Corn Popper (69027) on 6/1/2006 5:17 AM · Permalink · Report

currently we don't cover demo versions of games, I think perhaps we should, so the answer is currently no but I'll get back to this

Shoddyan (15003) on 6/2/2006 1:01 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Ben Kosmina wrote--]Hi all,

I was just wondering what we would do with DS carts that come bundled with the system. There was Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt that came with the original DS [/Q --end Ben Kosmina wrote--]

Bundled games (full games, not demos) can be added under a game entry if they aren't already. Most (but not all) games are sold first as an individual product and then later the bundling occurs. Because of this, release Info (which should include a release comment mentioning it's bundled) and Cover Art and product codes may differ because of it being a 'bundled product'. Generally we don't want a scan of the whole DS Box (or any other console), even if it includes the game.

Note that the same can apply to games bundled with hardware. Just to be confus... I mean consistent , bundles which include a "special" version of a game or a compilation of several games (such as the Wing Commander / Ultima VI cd I think came with a soundcard or a joystick.... or the Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt game that was only available with a new system) may in fact deserve their own entry.