Forums > MobyGames > Credits for "special releases"

vedder (70767) on 8/26/2008 5:55 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I have on my shelf a copy of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Collector's Edition), should I bother to add the credits for this title, or are people smart enough to click through to the normal version to see the credits? They are exactly the same of course.

Or how about bundled releases for Baldur's Gate + TOSC and BG2 + Throne of Bhaal.

Martin Smith (81664) on 8/26/2008 6:42 PM · Permalink · Report

Don't add them. Only credits which are exclusive to an Addon/Compilation are added to that entry - we do indeed assume that people know to click to the original game to find the credits.

vedder (70767) on 8/26/2008 8:21 PM · Permalink · Report

Ok, that seems most logical anyhow.

Foxhack (32100) on 8/26/2008 8:33 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Martin Smith wrote--]Don't add them. Only credits which are exclusive to an Addon/Compilation are added to that entry - we do indeed assume that people know to click to the original game to find the credits. [/Q --end Martin Smith wrote--]Um... is this an official policy all of a sudden? Because I added the credits to a normal and special edition of the game and nobody told me about this. >:\

Corn Popper (69027) on 8/26/2008 8:58 PM · Permalink · Report

actually you do add them...

the only entries that don't get credits are bundles/compilations of games unless there are exclusive credits

Martin Smith (81664) on 8/27/2008 4:18 PM · Permalink · Report

Why? That means crediting people twice the same work.

Corn Popper (69027) on 8/27/2008 8:40 PM · Permalink · Report

Yes, it does mean that and that's fine, this has been policy since before the standards page was made

vedder (70767) on 8/27/2008 8:59 PM · Permalink · Report

Any other thoughts?

Sicarius (61518) on 8/28/2008 5:01 AM · Permalink · Report

Well this is new to me as well, and I'll be sure to go back to all my Limited/Special/Collector's Edition entries and add the missing credits ASAP. But if Corn Popper says it is okay to do it, then do it :).

In case of bundled releases, I only add credits to them if there is an allnew manual for it. Like in the case of the Anno 1503 Königs-Edition (http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/anno-1503-knigs-edition) which includes Anno 1503 and his add-on. Same as with The Settlers IV (Gold Edition) - http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/settlers-iv-gold-edition. They didn't just include the original manuals on CD or something but clearly made a completely fresh manual. In these cases I do add the credits and until now always got them approved.