🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Talk > Alpha Protocol for teh ridiculously cheaps!!

Slug Camargo (583) on 11/30/2010 12:19 AM · Permalink · Report

I already said it and I'll say it again, we should get a forum to post crazy offers we run into. Otherwise people with real lives outside the internets might miss these kinds of things.

Now, we all know we're getting closer to Christmas and the big sales are around the corner and we have to keep calmed and try not to spend too much before we know the details of whatever crazy list Steam comes up with this year, but this is just too good to miss: Mobygames' darling Alpha Protocol by Mobygames' darling Obsidian is currently down to 5 US bucks at GamersGate!!!!!! Seriously!!! Lookit here!!!

There's been a lot of good and a lot of bad said about this game, but I'm sure noone on their right mind would deny this is one incredibly cool offer.

How long will this last? Who knows. Apparently it has been this way for about four days now, so I'm guessing "not much longer", so go grab your digital American dollars and go put them where they belong --in the pocket of whatever the GamersGate version of Gabe Newell is called. RITE NAO!!!!!

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 11/30/2010 4:30 AM · Permalink · Report

Go grab it, Doc! It is a good game. There is even a remote chance you will like it! :)

Indra was here (20755) on 11/30/2010 5:18 AM · Permalink · Report

The Yanks must be really desperate to hire an Uruguayan sales representative.

runs away

vedder (70796) on 11/30/2010 9:04 AM · Permalink · Report

Silly Americanese, for me it says 20 quid. Which is odd, because I don't live on Airstrip One.

Slug Camargo (583) on 12/11/2010 3:49 AM · Permalink · Report

OK, folks, things are getting seven kinds of crazy with the holiday season and whatnot, I mean even Games For Windows Live now has attractive some offers (how crazy is that?); but I'll do my best to keep us posted on the really really really interesting deals around.

So, we already missed AP at GamersGate, but now it's over at Direct2Drive for just a little bit more: 7.50 US bucks. Again, it's a deal. It's steal. It's sale of the fucking century.

Again, only Ðog knows how long this is going to last, so if you're reading this now you're wasting some precious time. Go, little boy! GO! GO! GO!

Edit: Right now I'm having some kind of problem to get to the checkout, but I guess that's Baby Jesus that hates me for some reason; you might have more luck.

Foxhack (32100) on 12/11/2010 4:32 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Oh yeah.

It doesn't have activation anymore. Sega patched it out last month.

Sciere (930488) on 12/11/2010 10:33 AM · Permalink · Report

Just hang on, the Steam holiday sales are going to be insane again.

Slug Camargo (583) on 12/11/2010 5:58 PM · Permalink · Report

Of course, my money (as well as MY HEART) all belongs to Steam already; but this is one special occasion, since Alpha Protocol is one of the games I can't buy at Steam from my country, for whatever reason.

Foxhack (32100) on 12/11/2010 6:27 PM · Permalink · Report

You could always ask me to gift it to you. Just pay the money back. :p

Slug Camargo (583) on 12/11/2010 6:36 PM · Permalink · Report

You can do that? I've been tempted to ask someone around here a couple times before, but I was afraid the lockdown was just too locked and I couldn't even get it gifted, so whoever wanted to give me a hand would end up stuck with one of those crappy games I like :P

Foxhack (32100) on 12/11/2010 6:47 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Dr. M. "Schadenfreude" Von Katze wrote--]You can do that? I've been tempted to ask someone around here a couple times before, but I was afraid the lockdown was just too locked and I couldn't even get it gifted, so whoever wanted to give me a hand would end up stuck with one of those crappy games I like :P [/Q --end Dr. M. "Schadenfreude" Von Katze wrote--]Well, yeah, how do you think I got Bioshock? 2K Games just blocks most of its catalog down here. But you CAN get the game as a gift.