Forums > Game Talk > More kickstarters worth a look

Daniel Saner (3503) on 5/29/2013 4:13 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Maybe a re-usable thread to promote some interesting projects on Kickstarter, IndieGoGo et al.?

This one I would really like to see finished. It has more than 5 weeks to go, but with only a couple of pledges so far and less than 1% of the financing reached, it seems to have a bit of a publicity problem at the moment:

Death to Spies 3

The previous two titles in the series were very good in my opinion. A well-made and entertaining "WWII Hitman". The sequel would take place during the Cold War. Unfortunately, 1C Company seem to have backed down from the publishing deal, so now developer Haggard are trying to get it financed independently. I think it would be well worth the support, and hope that someone with a big audience will make people aware of this project soon. This kickstarter needs kickstarting!

CaKeMan (47) on 5/29/2013 7:17 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Stonehearth

Darkwood

Shadow of the Eternals

Those are the ones I'm currently considering pledging to.

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (94862) on 5/29/2013 7:55 PM · Permalink · Report

I posted about this one in the site forum yesterday. It's actually a journalism project, but I think that some people here would be very interested in it. It's also the first Kickstarter I've actually backed.

Cavalary (11445) on 5/29/2013 8:39 PM · Permalink · Report

Somebody was pointing me to Unrest recently. Admittedly, ancient India is hardly a common setting, and having the story continue even if characters die is at least interesting as a novelty (though somehow I doubt people will actually want to "play" it like that). The "package" seems very simple though, so wonder if it won't prove far too confining for the goals. But hey, with a $3k base goal, what'd you expect? Got some $17k in a week.