🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Talk > Capcom Classics Mini Mix (GBA) is a Pocketnes bundle.

Foxhack (32100) on 9/29/2006 11:04 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

So I got the GBA rom today (feel free to yell at me), and started playing it. I was thinking, maybe this would be a good game to purchase.

Boy was I wrong.

It's Pocketnes. Just like the Hudson/Technos compilation, it's PocketNES, with all references to it being Pocketnes removed. Start a game, and you'll have the same slowdowns, the same menus, everthing.

Thanks a )&@#$@# lot, Capcom.

(P.S. - I admit to downloading roms, but I've bought a ton of GBA games thanks to those roms, so please don't hate me. I know it's illegal but I like to test games -before- I spend $30-$40 on 'em.)

Edit:
Oh, I checked out the game on a tile viewer, and it's only got the three advertised games. It's got no extras or hidden games. I'm not buying this. Blah. :(

Игги Друге (46653) on 10/1/2006 3:15 AM · Permalink · Report

Not buying a game because it contains exactly what is advertised on the box is a bit odd reasoning.

Foxhack (32100) on 10/1/2006 5:08 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Iggy Drougge wrote--]Not buying a game because it contains exactly what is advertised on the box is a bit odd reasoning. [/Q --end Iggy Drougge wrote--] Not buying a game because I refuse to pay for a freeware program which hasn't been fixed in over two years, though? How's that sound?

I wouldn't mind these kinds of compilations if only they actually put some effort into fixing the emulation bugs.

Игги Друге (46653) on 10/2/2006 12:10 AM · Permalink · Report

No, that is all right, it was your last statement about no extra games that seemed odd.

Foxhack (32100) on 10/2/2006 4:32 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Iggy Drougge wrote--]No, that is all right, it was your last statement about no extra games that seemed odd. [/Q --end Iggy Drougge wrote--] Ah, well, let me explain that statement. :)

Basically the other versions of the series contained bonus, unlockable games. But this one doesn't; I checked the rom I found nothing other than the data for the three games (Strider, Bionic Commando, Mighty Final Fight).

And this ticks me off a bit because only one fifth of the space in the cart is used, at most. Everything else is blanked space.

Игги Друге (46653) on 10/10/2006 11:10 AM · Permalink · Report

I'm sorry, but I don't see how that would be a problem.

Shoddyan (15003) on 10/1/2006 4:12 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Kitsune Sniper wrote--]So I got the GBA rom today (feel free to yell at me), and started playing it. I was thinking, maybe this would be a good game to purchase.

It's Pocketnes. Just like the Hudson/Technos compilation, it's PocketNES, with all references to it being Pocketnes removed. Start a game, and you'll have the same slowdowns, the same menus, everthing. [/Q --end Kitsune Sniper wrote--]

I think cases where the programming is based off a particular emulation project is valid trivia for these games. Even more so if it actually carries the original copyrights and version dates.

Foxhack (32100) on 10/1/2006 5:09 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start WildKard wrote--] [Q2 --start Kitsune Sniper wrote--]So I got the GBA rom today (feel free to yell at me), and started playing it. I was thinking, maybe this would be a good game to purchase.

It's Pocketnes. Just like the Hudson/Technos compilation, it's PocketNES, with all references to it being Pocketnes removed. Start a game, and you'll have the same slowdowns, the same menus, everthing. [/Q2 --end Kitsune Sniper wrote--]

I think cases where the programming is based off a particular emulation project is valid trivia for these games. Even more so if it actually carries the original copyrights and version dates. [/Q --end WildKard wrote--]

There are so many PocketNES games these days we might as well make a freakin' Game Group. :P

Shoddyan (15003) on 10/3/2006 5:51 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Kitsune Sniper wrote--] [Q2 --start WildKard wrote--] [Q3 --start Kitsune Sniper wrote--]So I got the GBA rom today (feel free to yell at me), and started playing it. I was thinking, maybe this would be a good game to purchase.

It's Pocketnes. Just like the Hudson/Technos compilation, it's PocketNES, with all references to it being Pocketnes removed. Start a game, and you'll have the same slowdowns, the same menus, everthing. [/Q3 --end Kitsune Sniper wrote--]

I think cases where the programming is based off a particular emulation project is valid trivia for these games. Even more so if it actually carries the original copyrights and version dates. [/Q2 --end WildKard wrote--]

There are so many PocketNES games these days we might as well make a freakin' Game Group. :P [/Q --end Kitsune Sniper wrote--]

Middleware: PocketNES ?