🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Off Topic > Who needs a song?

Edwin Drost (9478) on 2/6/2017 7:39 PM · Permalink · Report

Why not listen or post YOUR favorite music while you're working/posting/gaming/scanning/other? Here's the chance to place to post your favorite videos, music, Game music and all. It does not matter if it is in your language.

(Like this).

Rwolf (22827) on 2/7/2017 3:10 PM · Permalink · Report

I never listen to music while working, and not often when gaming, it depends on how much I have to concentrate. Music takes my focus away from the task at hand. (Maybe I'm an odd one out, but I listen to the engine sound when driving or flying, or to ATC comms as needed).

Edwin Drost (9478) on 2/7/2017 3:44 PM · Permalink · Report

Well, let's hope that it would not be the sound of ping ping "Pull up....Pull Up", ah? :)

What is your favorite music?

Rwolf (22827) on 2/7/2017 8:36 PM · Permalink · Report

I try not to stay on one favourite kind, it would get too boring in the long run.

Edwin Drost (9478) on 2/8/2017 11:06 AM · Permalink · Report

You do not have several songs that you love to listen to in your spare time or when you are trying to relax?

Rwolf (22827) on 2/8/2017 2:10 PM · Permalink · Report

Nope. I'm a silence-loving guy, living in the forest. :-)

Rwolf (22827) on 2/9/2017 1:40 PM · Permalink · Report

More like 4'33".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN2zcLBr_VM

Tracy Poff (2094) on 2/7/2017 3:51 PM · Permalink · Report

It's similar for me--though from the opposite direction. When I'm concentrating on work I don't hear the music at all, which seems like poor treatment of the music. I do sometimes play instrumental stuff like game soundtracks or classical music, though. The Chou Rensha 68k soundtrack is pretty great. Other times, I like folk and filk--something like Heather Alexander's Faerie Queen is nice, if you like fiddle music.

Edwin Drost (9478) on 2/7/2017 6:04 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I am open to a lot of type of music;

Country

Hip hop

Rock

Metal

Blues

Death Metal

Game Music

And this.....

And here is the The Horrorist.

chirinea (47495) on 2/9/2017 2:31 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Edwin Drost wrote--]I am open to a lot of type of music; Hard Rock [/Q --end Edwin Drost wrote--]That's not hard rock, my friend, that is METAL! \m/

Edwin Drost (9478) on 2/9/2017 2:35 PM · Permalink · Report

Ooops. Thank you for mention that. That happens when you're do too many things at once. Shall fix it.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 2/8/2017 3:32 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm often cruising for music with which to populate my "artpacks"; traditionally this would be tracked or sequenced "computer music" but in recent years we have been expanding the scope. Our last big collection in November kicked off with a lovely suite of covers of '90s Square JRPG soundtracks arranged for accordion, which you can find near the top of http://pc.textmod.es/pack/mist1116/ (also there: an accordion arrangement of a Daft Punk song, by an entirely different individual!... which I think was used to excellent effect in the artpack's trailer at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HMIjLOWA30 ... The accordion theme ties into my other hobbies, but is a new influence on this longstanding hobby. Traditionally it is just reams and reams of tracker music -- like http://pc.textmod.es/pack/euphonix/ , which is what you get when you wind the clock back 25 years.)

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 2/8/2017 3:32 PM · Permalink · Report

Basically I'm just a roving asset aggregator looking for a game to emerge from my pile of sights and sounds.

Edwin Drost (9478) on 2/9/2017 1:22 PM · Permalink · Report

Goodbye Horses

Harmony♡ (21848) on 2/12/2017 9:19 AM · Permalink · Report

In general, I have a huge preference for ethereal wave and anything that could broadly be considered similar, but there's all kinds of stuff in my library. Game OSTs, dark cabaret, synthpop, horror punk, weird experimental stuff... it's a hodgepodge.

Lately I've been listening to Stellatram, a doujin circle inspired by the Ar tonelico games. The series was always a favorite of mine as far as game music goes, so it's fantastic to have a group imitating its style.

Edwin Drost (9478) on 2/13/2017 1:02 PM · Permalink · Report

Something amazing....Rambo C64

Evolyzer (21842) on 2/15/2017 6:45 PM · Permalink · Report

I am actually listening to the OST of several games such as Don't Starve, A Normal Lost Phone or Life is Strange.

Marie Smith on 6/12/2017 1:44 PM · Permalink · Report

This was one of my favorite songs. Thank you for reminding me about this.

Edwin Drost (9478) on 7/27/2017 5:32 PM · Permalink · Report

Yeah!

OmegaPC777 (8238) on 9/24/2017 11:02 PM · Permalink · Report

My favorite artist is tajima hal, and this is one of my favorites from him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDdpvxjAsv0

Edwin Drost (9478) on 11/26/2017 4:03 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Bonzai!!!

The Fabulous King (1332) on 5/9/2018 3:45 PM · Permalink · Report

Normally I wouldn't bother. But I've been listening to this on a loop for past two hours, so I'll share. Damn, the bass is good.

Adam Ben Ezra and Yasmin Levi - Libertad