🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Off Topic > im a newbie =)

CrazyD on 3/19/2006 2:36 PM · Permalink · Report

hello there, im CrazyD - be nice if any of you important people out there say hello (so i know whos boss/moderator etc etc)

nullnullnull (1463) on 3/21/2006 8:36 PM · Permalink · Report

Yo newb. No real boss here. MobyGames is a project to document everysingle game ever made and off that information free to the public. We do it becuase we believe games are important. You can check out the FAQ if you want more info. Welcome to the site.

n][rvana (1823) on 3/22/2006 6:29 AM · Permalink · Report

Hi CrazyD... If you are a videogame lover, then you'll love this site, and before you know it you'll find yourself checking the forums daily. I've been here some years now and this is getting better every time.

Enjoy your stay, I hope to see you becoming a regular.

Trixter (8952) on 3/24/2006 2:57 AM · Permalink · Report

Hey CrazyD, welcome to the site. I'm a co-founder but as Dave said, there's no one head honcho -- we all just contribute what we can, a little every day. When we started in 1999, there were 200 games -- now there are well over 26,000 including ports to different platforms.

M L on 3/24/2006 4:15 AM · Permalink · Report

Hi CrazyD! Im a noob too, if that makes you feel any better!

Mel

yeap (547) on 4/2/2006 8:01 AM · Permalink · Report

Sorry to go off the topic, but I was just wondering how long it generally takes for a game addition to be approved, if it included all the necessary information, cover art, and credits?

Corn Popper (69027) on 4/2/2006 8:40 AM · Permalink · Report

see here

nullnullnull (1463) on 4/2/2006 3:09 PM · Permalink · Report

Well that is official policy. I can tell you what my personal goal is 24-48 hours. Somethings take longer. A person that is new to the system an approver usually will take a little longer verifying everything. A contributor who has a good reputation of contributing entries that follow the guidelines with high accuracy may not have to wait as long. I hope that clears it up.

Mobygamesisreanimated (11069) on 4/2/2006 3:31 PM · Permalink · Report

Well, since we're already on it. I submitted an additional platform for a game plus some screenshots about six weeks ago. I had already forgotten about it myself. I'm not complaining, just curious why it takes so long. Oh, the game was Pirates of the Barbary Coast and the platform C 64.

Corn Popper (69027) on 4/2/2006 11:41 PM · Permalink · Report

err see my reply

Mobygamesisreanimated (11069) on 4/3/2006 12:31 PM · Permalink · Report

Yeah, I know all that. I was just beginning to think there was an error or something, that prevented you from seeing the contribution or something like that. It has never taken that long before something was approved. I think the average time it takes for something to get approved is somewhere between three minutes and three days. (Btw, the submission got approved yesterday).

Kabushi (261206) on 4/3/2006 3:07 PM · Permalink · Report

That's strange, I actually didn't notice it before it was approved.

yeap (547) on 4/11/2006 7:45 AM · Permalink · Report

I have a submission that has been changed to Work in Progress twice, and I fixed up all that was asked of me and put it back to 'Pending' 6 days ago now, for the GBA game Ultimate Arcade Games. Just a reminder in case it has slipped down the list making it harder to notice by approvers (not sure how the approval system works for approvers, though). I'm assuming that everything else has been checked for validity the first couple of times it was sent back for changes, and all that needs to be approved now is my scan of the box cover.

Thanks, Yeap.