🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Off Topic > Name of the free Xbox Live membership?

JPaterson (9502) on 9/3/2006 5:22 PM · Permalink · Report

I don't play many multiplayer games over Xbox or X360, so I let my gold membership expire.

What's the name of the free membership I've heard about, one that's available but one that Microsoft never advertises? From what I've heard, it's a free account to register so that you can download content. If the content needs to be purchased, or you want to download stuff from the Marketplace, then you can pay for that, but otherwise, there is no monthly or yearly fee.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I don't want to pay for something I'll never use, but I'd like to be able to download the free content and perhaps pay for certain content/Marketplace items.

Corn Popper (69027) on 9/3/2006 5:49 PM · Permalink · Report

Silver but I think it's only available for the 360... http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/features/silverage.htm

JPaterson (9502) on 9/3/2006 5:54 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks.

I only want it for the 360, so that suits me fine. I'd rather buy a retail card and give myself 1,000 Marketplace Points that'll probably last a few months then spend money on a membership to just play games, at which point I'd have to pay extra for the same thing, anyway.