🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Off Topic > Firefox got the ie7 website

Matt Neuteboom (976) on 1/7/2007 10:43 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

M$ is gonna be slightly annoyed when they discover that ie7.com has already been taken as a name by a little orange fox.

Shoddyan (15003) on 1/8/2007 12:46 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Matt Neuteboom wrote--]M$ is gonna be slightly annoyed when they discover that ie7.com has already been taken as a name by a little orange fox. [/Q --end Matt Neuteboom wrote--]

Looks like some over-eager fan went ahead and registered it. Cute. If Microsoft wishes to pursue the matter however, it shouldn't be difficult to reclaim the domain through the disputation process. There's nothing on the website at all that deals with any product or service named "IE7" or has any reason to use the trademark.

I'm more impressed when people turn the logo into a crop circle that can be seen from the air :)

Responsible Pyromaniac on 1/9/2007 4:40 PM · Permalink · Report

ha! that's so close to me, Im amazed I didnt hear about it. pretty cool

Maw (832) on 1/10/2007 11:39 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start WildKard wrote--]Looks like some over-eager fan went ahead and registered it. Cute. If Microsoft wishes to pursue the matter however, it shouldn't be difficult to reclaim the domain through the disputation process. There's nothing on the website at all that deals with any product or service named "IE7" or has any reason to use the trademark.

I'm more impressed when people turn the logo into a crop circle that can be seen from the air :) [/Q --end WildKard wrote--]

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Taking a certain domain name to foxhole the competition is very questionable legally.