Forums > Game Forums > Can I finish it?..

Unicorn Lynx (181788) on 2/1/2009 5:00 PM · Permalink · Report

On day 5 or 6, don't remember exactly, I didn't complete the main quest. Simply ran out of time. One of the people I was supposed to protect died.

Next day, two more got sick, and I have no clue how to cure them. This Birdie guy is standing next to their houses and won't let me in.

Can I still finish the game? Is it okay to let them all die? :)

worldwideweird (29) on 2/1/2009 5:11 PM · Permalink · Report

As far as I remember you got to at least be able to save all the members of your own fraction (they're listed somewhere in a menu screen) to complete the game, so you'll have to find a method of healing the ones who got the plague, using either the kids "powder" or the antidote which that menkhu character is working on...

It's always better to complete the main quests since healing the plague can be very hard and you might need some sort of healing for your own character along the way, too.

Characters from other fractions may die as they will, but then you'll be given less options to end the game.

Unicorn Lynx (181788) on 2/1/2009 5:14 PM · Permalink · Report

As far as I remember you got to at least be able to save all the members of your own fraction

Yeah, but one of them is dead already. Viktor Kain I think, old guy's Simon's younger brother.

So you mean I can't finish the game now?...

worldwideweird (29) on 2/1/2009 5:25 PM · Permalink · Report

If I were you I'd just consult a walkthrough on this one, there is a decent one on the web - and "Pathologic" is tough enough to cheat (a bit). I really don't remember how "unforging" the game is with these matters...maybe you just had to save any one of the fractions - or maybe you can also end the game without anyone surviving (which would make sense)...

Sorry, can't be more precice than that! However, I'm sure that the less people you save the less options you'll have for chosing the fate of the city at the end, which might be less interesting. Then again, if you've already decided that none of those sick people deserves to live anyway...

Unicorn Lynx (181788) on 2/2/2009 6:40 AM · Permalink · Report

Then again, if you've already decided that none of those sick people deserves to live anyway...

It's not like that, it's just that I had to replay a whole day to save this Victor guy... I didn't even like him that much :/