Forums > Game Forums > Interesting "dialogs."

Indra was here (20756) on 6/3/2009 6:32 PM · Permalink · Report

Ignore the fact that this must be the first game I've played that starts with suttle swearing in the intro cut-scene.

I am however, much later in the game quite disturbed that some dolt managed to slip in the words shit, crap and dick, in the English dialogs.

Servo (57070) on 6/3/2009 7:35 PM · Permalink · Report

Well, it is rated "M", I guess.

Indra was here (20756) on 6/3/2009 7:42 PM · Permalink · Report

Hmm. Was looking at the USK 12+ ratings. Not quite why the game is rated M, since those particular words are only found in one dialog. Everything else is filled with "dude, awesome" some drunk Californian wrote.

DreinIX (10448) on 6/3/2009 8:21 PM · Permalink · Report

Perhaps it has tentacles later on...

Xoleras (66141) on 6/7/2009 7:12 PM · Permalink · Report

If it would be in two dialogs, it probably would be an AO game then. :P

Indra was here (20756) on 6/7/2009 7:55 PM · Permalink · Report

Finished the game. Now I know why it wasn't included as "Final Fantasy." Egad, finished 4 games in a month. I need to start getting myself a life.

DreinIX (10448) on 6/7/2009 8:58 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Indra Depari of 'da Clan Depari wrote--]Finished the game. Now I know why it wasn't included as "Final Fantasy." [/Q --end Indra Depari of 'da Clan Depari wrote--] Does it worth anything?

[Q --start Indra Depari of 'da Clan Depari wrote--] Egad, finished 4 games in a month. I need to start getting myself a life. [/Q --end Indra Depari of 'da Clan Depari wrote--] Your case is not the worst. Believe it. There may be people who have finished 6 games in a month...

Xoleras (66141) on 6/7/2009 10:57 PM · Permalink · Report

Yesterday I've finished FreeCell, Hearts, Minesweeper and Solitaire. Two more games to go to proof that I have indeed no life at all.

Indra was here (20756) on 6/8/2009 4:19 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DreinIX wrote--] [Q2 --start Indra Depari of 'da Clan Depari wrote--]Finished the game. Now I know why it wasn't included as "Final Fantasy." [/Q2 --end Indra Depari of 'da Clan Depari wrote--] Does it worth anything? [/Q --end DreinIX wrote--] Well, if Square Enix plans to port all their console RPGs to the PC, then PC-only RPGs will be dead as we know it: More cutscenes, bigger games and no stupid bugs.

Combat system is disastrously irritating. The player does not have complete control of combat choices. Combat animations are above "great", though it does get a bit tiring after killing your 1,000th monster group. The game seriously lacks the "diversions" commonly found in FF games, it follows the similar boring gameplay of Western RPGs where gameplay is only focused on finishing main/sub-quests.

God, I hate these Asian-tragic endings. Makes me feel more depressed than I already am. Endnote, if you don't play it, you won't miss out on much. Too bad.

DreinIX (10448) on 6/8/2009 5:01 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Indra Depari of 'da Clan Depari wrote--] [Q2 --start DreinIX wrote--] [Q3 --start Indra Depari of 'da Clan Depari wrote--]Finished the game. Now I know why it wasn't included as "Final Fantasy." [/Q3 --end Indra Depari of 'da Clan Depari wrote--] Does it worth anything? [/Q2 --end DreinIX wrote--] Well, if Square Enix plans to port all their console RPGs to the PC, then PC-only RPGs will be dead as we know it: More cutscenes, bigger games and no stupid bugs. [/Q --end Indra Depari of 'da Clan Depari wrote--] So Bethesda brings stupid bugs to consoles and SE brings no stupid bugs to PC. That's not fair. But bigger games? There are actually any PC RPGs that (apart from the main plot) take let's say less than 20-30 hours to complete?

[Q --start Indra Depari of 'da Clan Depari wrote--] God, I hate these Asian-tragic endings. [/Q --end Indra Depari of 'da Clan Depari wrote--] I "hate" these too. Oh man, now I have to play it. Hopefully they will release it on the PS3 as well. And if it takes a year to happen they'd better put some extra content as an apology.

Indra was here (20756) on 6/8/2009 5:17 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DreinIX wrote--]But bigger games? There are actually any PC RPGs that (apart from the main plot) take let's say less than 20-30 hours to complete? [/Q --end DreinIX wrote--] Er? Console RPGs (or JRPGs) are usually bigger games than PC-based RPGs, due to the many distractions other than sub-quests. Well, maybe I'm just limiting it to Square-Enix type RPGs. Hell, I spent more time Chocobo Racing than playing RPGs. :p

Remnant gets extremely short and quite irritating if you follow the main plot too quickly.