Forums > Game Forums > Check out this excellent Let's Play!

Mobygamesisreanimated (11069) on 9/17/2009 1:16 PM · Permalink · Report

As mentioned in some of the reviews here (and everywhere else), Trespasser is a very interesting game that was ahead of its time in many ways (most notably the physics engine). Unfortunately, it was released half finished and buggy and actually playing it is a chore. If you still want to know what the game was like I really recommend this Video Let's Play. It's extremely well done, very informative and pretty hilarious at times. (Plus, the guy's accent fits the theme wonderfully :-))

Foxhack (32100) on 9/17/2009 1:50 PM · Permalink · Report

What... isn't this the game where the health indicator is in the character's breasts?

Mobygamesisreanimated (11069) on 9/17/2009 3:04 PM · Permalink · Report

Yep, it's a heart-shaped tattoo.

St. Martyne (3648) on 9/17/2009 7:10 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Supernintendo Chalmers wrote--]and actually playing it is a chore [/Q --end Supernintendo Chalmers wrote--]

I can't see how a game, which is a chore play, can actually be interesting to watch, while played by someone else. If a game is good, it deserves to be played, if it's bad - it doesn't even deserves to be watched.

I understand where you're coming from, Trespasser is a rather clunky and buggy game. However, if anything, these issues will become even more grating, when you don't control the damn thing. ))

I don't doubt the guy's humor and wit, but, really. If any of you are interested in Trespasser, just play the game, please. Personally, I played it when it was first released and passionately love it still. )

Mobygamesisreanimated (11069) on 9/17/2009 7:45 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start St_Martyne wrote--] [Q2 --start Supernintendo Chalmers wrote--]and actually playing it is a chore [/Q2 --end Supernintendo Chalmers wrote--] However, if anything, these issues will become even more grating, when you don't control the damn thing. )) [/Q --end St_Martyne wrote--] How so? Here you can watch all the interesting stuff without needing to put up with clunky controls, lots of aimless wandering around and lots of dying. And you probably even get to see more of the game than during your own playthrough.

St. Martyne (3648) on 9/17/2009 8:02 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Supernintendo Chalmers wrote--] How so? [/Q --end Supernintendo Chalmers wrote--]

Sorry. I don't know how to explain it better. The game still feels clunky, the movements are jerky, the hand is still twisted in all the anatomically impossible directions, dinosaurs are still flying in the air.

As for the rest: if you don't shout in monitor "Oh, no! I Don't go there! Let me at it, you %##$!" especially, during the playthrough of a game, almost entirely based on exploration, there's not much I can do.

While, it seems, that for you these videos eliminate the frustrating part, leaving all the fun bits. For me, it effectively murders all the fun there was in the first place.

Which is really weird. Because these Let's Play videos and illustrated accounts sure are popular.

Mobygamesisreanimated (11069) on 9/17/2009 9:08 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start St_Martyne wrote--] [Q2 --start Supernintendo Chalmers wrote--] How so? [/Q2 --end Supernintendo Chalmers wrote--]

Sorry. I don't know how to explain it better. The game still feels clunky, the movements are jerky, the hand is still twisted in all the anatomically impossible directions, dinosaurs are still flying in the air.

As for the rest: if you don't shout in monitor "Oh, no! I Don't go there! Let me at it, you %##$!" especially, during the playthrough of a game, almost entirely based on exploration, there's not much I can do.

While, it seems, that for you these videos eliminate the frustrating part, leaving all the fun bits. For me, it effectively murders all the fun there was in the first place.

Which is really weird. Because these Let's Play videos and illustrated accounts sure are popular. [/Q --end St_Martyne wrote--]

What I meant is, how can something be more of a chore if you're not actually doing what made it a chore in the first place. The controls are crap, but they're not bothering you because you're just watching someone who is doing quite well somehow etc.

I understand your point about exploration, but I think it's not a huge problem in Trespasser because the levels are pretty empty. I don't like watching LPs of good games for similar reasons though. It's either boring or makes me want to play the game myself. I think that watching bad games is often more entertaining than watching good ones. Sometimes the LPer manages to be funny (rarely), sometimes the game itself is so terrible that it's funny (Prisoner of Ice for example).

Slug Camargo (583) on 9/17/2009 11:19 PM · Permalink · Report

Meh. Old Man Murray did this already like 15 years ago =P